PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast please!

TonyM16
12-31-06, 12:13 PM
Hi I am building my new 8800gtx slie rig and so am in bit of a hurry hence the hasty thread. I mean no disrespect.

Okay the problem is which socket do I sue fro sli, there are four. I am using 680i evga. The top card or bottome, then the one closest to mobo or away from mobo?

Next I was fitting that damn fan for the heatsink and it seems I droppped that tiny little screw, and I can't find it anywhere. i think it may be in my rig somehwere but I don't see it. I don't fancu stripping everything just to find it. Is there any risk to pressing on and forgetting about it?

next my psu has something called a ground plug. HUH? Do I need that?

Lastly during windows installation I noticed blurry text. Is that normal? Will that go away from installing drivers?

Thank You.

DaveW
12-31-06, 12:28 PM
Can't help you with the SLI since I've never build an SLI rig. With the blurry text, are you running your monitor in its native resolution? I don't know what a ground plug is. I know my PC isn't on a grounded outlet, doesn't bother it any.

Anyway, rip your PC apart to find that screw, coz guess what? its going to get stuck behind your mobo and short it out sooner or later. The short circuit protection in your PSU may save you, maybe not. Having a loose piece of metal roaming around inside you case is never a good thing.

OWA
12-31-06, 12:33 PM
Yeah, the blurry text should go away once you install the drivers and run the monitor in it's native res (unless you're using a CRT, if that's the case then I don't know what the issue is).

TonyM16
12-31-06, 12:34 PM
Yeah, the blurry text should go away once you install the drivers and run the monitor in it's native res (unless you're using a CRT, if that's the case then I don't know what the issue is).

Thought so , but which dvi socket are you using for sli?

It's the bottom one right (top)? As thats wah I saw in a picture, on the web.

john19055
12-31-06, 02:09 PM
You would hook up the DVI to the top card the one closet to the CPU.

TonyM16
12-31-06, 02:38 PM
Thanks.

3.0ghz already from 2.4ghz and 1333mhz fsb and 1111mhz memory at 4-4-4-12 (2.375v). CPU = E6600 1.4v FSB=1.4v .

31c temp idle.

HUH why does cpu-z reoprt something strange for my memory? I used the blue slots for my dominator ie 1 and 3.

EDIT: Oh I need cpu-z v1.38. ALL fixed.