PDA

View Full Version : EVGA Shipped me a RMA with the wrong resistor!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

malachi1313
12-31-06, 03:04 PM
OK I tried being reasonable and patient with this but this is ridiculous!!!! I was getting graphics corruption while playing games {On my first card} and I setup an RMA. Well after a week and a half I get the replacement, which had an updated bios, BUT it still has the wrong resistor value in place!!!! Are they not aware of this issue??? Can someone please get me in touch with someone who will resolve this issue and not jerk me around???? I bought an EVGA product because I heard their customer service was excellent but I'm pretty peeved about this.

|MaguS|
12-31-06, 03:16 PM
http://evga.com/support/getSupport/

Contact them... Im sure they will work something out to get the matter resolved.

malachi1313
12-31-06, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry for ranting but man this has pushed me to the limits of my tolerance for stupid....

|MaguS|
12-31-06, 03:18 PM
Because they made a mistake? Im guessing your perfect...

Xion X2
12-31-06, 03:22 PM
Lay off him, magus, geez. The guy is understandably pissed. Let him rant.. I'd be pissed, too.

Roadhog
12-31-06, 03:24 PM
Lay off him, magus, geez. The guy is understandably pissed. Let him rant.. I'd be pissed, too.

Id be rather pissed also. They should at least check the card out.

|MaguS|
12-31-06, 03:27 PM

Im guessing you never worked CS... I feel alot more sympathy for CSRs, I know how hard their job is, I know he's pissed but he's making it out like the CS either intentionally did this or that they are just stupid, which I dout eVGA hires anyone that ignortant to such issues going around right now.

RussianHAXOR
12-31-06, 03:31 PM
Give me your contact info and i will forward this to level two directly.

PM me with your RMA# and your contact info, as well as what happened. They will be glad to fix this problem.

Xion X2
12-31-06, 03:31 PM
Im guessing you never worked CS... I feel alot more sympathy for CSRs, I know how hard their job is, I know he's pissed but he's making it out like the CS either intentionally did this or that they are just stupid, which I dout eVGA hires anyone that ignortant to such issues going around right now.

That's where you're wrong. I actually did work as a CSR @ Time Warner Cable for 5 months during the summer one time. Try answering 20+ calls a day from people cussing you out because their cable went out during a lightning storm and a technician couldn't come out for a week.

Anyway, what the hell does this have to do with your average CSR sitting there w/ a headset on, anyway? This is a warehouse control issue. All bad resistor cards should've been out of the pipeline by now, but I knew this was bound to happen.

But yeah, malachi.. take it easy on the poor CSR who has to answer the phone. He/she has no control over the issue you're dealing with. He/she is just the proverbial punching bag.

LBJM
12-31-06, 04:49 PM

I have worked CS and tech support. Things are clearly labeled. This is inexcusable in my book, but its the warehouse that hires morons that don't care.

HYBRID
12-31-06, 06:27 PM
I own a EVGA 8800gtx, and If this happened to me Id be pissed off to.

The reason I go with EVGA is because of there support and service this is really inexcusable. IMHO.

da0s
12-31-06, 06:29 PM
yeah its strange as my resistor is blue in color so I have no idea what type of resistor is beneath it. Haha.

RussianHAXOR
12-31-06, 06:35 PM
Ok. Guys, i appreciate your input, But im very willing to help this guy out as long as he PMs me. This can be straightened out very easily as long as he contacts me.

malachi1313
12-31-06, 08:54 PM
Because they made a mistake? Im guessing your perfect...
Actually I AM in customer service and I do everything available to resolve an issue within reason. I am hardly perfect and I try not to be judgemental of other people but it begs to ask why are you responding to my thread??? You're perception of me and who I am and feel rgarding this manner including my reasons for venting here is exactly that. Your perception. The first card released was the accident and I undestood that one. Sending me a replacement that was also defective is an issue if you ask me.

malachi1313
12-31-06, 08:55 PM
Ok. Guys, i appreciate your input, But im very willing to help this guy out as long as he PMs me. This can be straightened out very easily as long as he contacts me.

Thanks man I really appreciate your help!!

Xion X2
12-31-06, 09:07 PM
but it begs to ask why are you responding to my thread???

Because he's a 150 lb. sack of fly sh^@ that likes to talk big behind a keyboard. Nothing more.

nrdstrm
12-31-06, 09:29 PM
And if it doesn't get resolved, I'll run down to Jakup's house and smack him into sumbission and he will get it resolved (mikec) J/K of course Jackie!

malachi1313
12-31-06, 09:41 PM
Thanks for making me laugh fellas:nana: :nana:

da0s
12-31-06, 09:46 PM
Yeah really this thread needed a laugh. Good support always comes through. it sucks that you got a second card defective but atleast they responded quickly and I would bet that the shipping on this one is going to be upgraded to next day.

Thats what I would do if it were my business. Best of luck.

jAkUp
01-01-07, 12:35 AM
What value resistor do you have? There should not be any more with the wrong resistor.

malachi1313
01-01-07, 10:19 AM
What value resistor do you have? There should not be any more with the wrong resistor.

68c Exactly like the one found here:http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80617 Part number is 768-p2-n831-br. I would take a picture but my digital doesn't zoom that well. Thanx to all the guys from EVGA for helping out. Awesome support!!!

scott123
01-01-07, 11:58 AM
I purchased an EVGA 8800GTX from newegg. I've been running it for a week now and have put quite a few hours in BF2 and rFactor. Not a single problem so far. I never looked at what resister was on the thing.

malachi1313
01-01-07, 02:47 PM
The only reason I looked was because I was getting graphics corruption in games. Mostly F.E.A.R. but also in Oblivion and any 3d Application.

XFX Support
01-02-07, 11:22 AM
Good to see that EVGA has someone checking the forum that is helping you get this resolved. We all make mistakes, is how we handle these mistakes that set us apart.

XFX Support

Grestorn
01-02-07, 01:09 PM
The only reason I looked was because I was getting graphics corruption in games. Mostly F.E.A.R. but also in Oblivion and any 3d Application.

What kind of corruption do you get? Especially in FEAR and "any 3D app" (there is a known problem with Oblivion and 97.44).

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to know some symptoms of the wrong resistor.