PDA

View Full Version : New control panel missing its categories?

dennya
12-31-06, 06:28 PM
Since upgrading my system from a 7900GT to an 8800GTS, I'm missing most of the options in the new Nvidia control panel. Under "Select a Category," it's blank. I have "Manage 3d settings" and "Monitor temperature levels" in the "Recent tasks," but that's it. Tried both standard and advanced views.

I've tried removing the drivers, running DriverCleaner, and reinstalling. No dice. Still no CPL options. Anyone have any idea what I might need to do to get a fully functional control panel here?

Digital_Trans
01-01-07, 05:24 PM
Since upgrading my system from a 7900GT to an 8800GTS, I'm missing most of the options in the new Nvidia control panel. Under "Select a Category," it's blank. I have "Manage 3d settings" and "Monitor temperature levels" in the "Recent tasks," but that's it. Tried both standard and advanced views.

I've tried removing the drivers, running DriverCleaner, and reinstalling. No dice. Still no CPL options. Anyone have any idea what I might need to do to get a fully functional control panel here?

Follow these simple steps as they may help fix your problem.

First download Drivercleaner Professional Free Edition version 5.1
url: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Driver-Cleaner-Professional-Download-20706.html

Install Drivercleaner Professional Free Edition version 5.1
Next, uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers and reboot.
Next, run Drivercleaner Professional Free Edition version 5.1 by choosing NVIDIA. Once you choose NVIDIA it will clean the registry of NVIDIa Forceware entries in Windows XP. After cleaning is complete...reboot and then reinstall NVIDIA forceware drivers and also install NVIDIA nTune.
I had the same problem and this method seemed to correct the problem for me. Like I said it may or may not do anything since everyone's hardware setup is different. Good luck! (cheers)

Digital_Trans
01-01-07, 05:32 PM

Drivercleaner has a payed version. You might want try that out also. I know the free edition won't offer valid support for the 8800 GTS/GTX. However, the payed version does and it's only $9.99 http://www.drivercleaner.net/
I fully support it and purchased a copy right off their website.