PDA

View Full Version : Newegg experiences

derdeutscha
12-31-06, 10:09 PM
If you RMA a new part that is defective to newegg for replacement within the first 30 days will they send you back something refurbished/open box if that's all they have to replace it with or will they offer you another option?

I know dell does this and thats one reason why dell sucks.

HeavyH20
12-31-06, 10:16 PM
I have RMA'd a few items, and in all cases, a new item was sent as the replacement. But, that is for the first 30 days. Now, the manufacturer (like Dell) does have the right to send you a working version of the item (new/refurb/open box) if it is defective as part of the warranty. So, Dell is doing nothing more or less any other manufacturer would.

derdeutscha
12-31-06, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but the thing dell does is shuffle returned items around without actually refurbishing them or sometimes without even looking at them. That is what is sucky about them.

I've also RMA'd a few things to Newegg and have always received new parts (even months after I bought it), I'm just wondering if they would send an open box item if there were no new items available (as is the case with my printer that I just RMAd that I bought last month).

I have RMA'd a few items, and in call cases, a new item was sent as the replacement. But, that is for the first 30 days. Now, the manufacturer (like Dell) does have the right to send you a working version of the item (new/refurb/open box) if it is defective as part of the warranty. So, Dell is doing nothing more or less any other manufacturer would.

Rytr
12-31-06, 10:52 PM
I received a non-working ver. 1.0 motherboard a few years back and they replaced it with a new ver. 2.0 motherboard.

Cinema4DXL
12-31-06, 11:10 PM
A while ago, I RMA'ed a Soltek Board to newegg about 3 weeks after I bought it because it stopped working. The RMA process is pretty straightforward but they gave me a new board.

john19055
01-01-07, 05:24 PM
Ever RMA I have sent to Newegg ,they have sent me a new product of what ever I sent back for a replacement.

grey_1
01-01-07, 05:57 PM
I wasn't happy with dell at first, but they've taken good care of me since. Newegg has on 2 occasions, both motherboards, sent new as replacement. As far as getting my initial order correct, that's another whole story.