PDA

View Full Version : best video settings (in forceware cp)

j0j081
01-01-07, 10:40 AM
Anyone have some advice on what the best video settings to use in the new forceware control panel are? The defaults I have on a fresh install don't make much sense to me like for example it sets my gamma to -8.

aydc
01-01-07, 12:41 PM
There's not much to tweak in video options. If it's too dark, make it brighter. If it's too bright, make it darker.

The real problem is, not every video is the same, so one setting doesn't work for all. Some videos are too bright, some are too dark. You can use a player like KMPlayer that can adjust colors by itself without using the cumbersome nvidia control panel.

j0j081
01-02-07, 01:05 PM
well the main things I am playing with are the video enhancements like noise reduction. been trying to get dvds to look their best. I used to be happy with the default colors but they may need a little adjustment now I got an lcd. was just wondering why the defaults seem to be set kinda weird.

aydc
01-02-07, 02:31 PM
Edge enhancement works great in high quality movies like DVDs, it makes the image sharper. With low quality movies like the ones you download from the internet, it makes everything worse.

Noise reduction works great on low quality movies, but makes high quality movies blurry.

So for every movie you watch, you have to open the control panel and tweak, which is too much of a hassle for me. I wish we could make profiles and bind them to keyboard shortcuts.