PDA

View Full Version : HDTV, craped out help those that have had problems

stjuart
01-01-07, 10:42 PM
Ok so 5 days ago i played with my xbox, ps2 and cube and had no trouble whats so ever, and after that i went my way and let the tv be used by none techy people who might have messed it up, so now iam trying to find out what the hell is wrong with it and if any of you have any solution to this problem, the tv is a 52in panasonic hdtv 1080i, i have a pick and i have one solution in mind wich might not work but i bought a degausser from ebay and hope that does something if not this 1600dollar thing is going in the trash cuase iam not spending any more than 300dollars to fix this tv even though it cost that much 3 years ago. any way here is the pick and iam hopping that the degausser will work. any suggestion or ideas would be appreciated and this was the dam tv i was going to use for my 360, scratch that idea. also the pic was lowered in quality and alot of the extra noise is due to camera and jpeg compression the only things wrong is the colors being all off and not alligned with characters.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9509/smallerwk0la5.jpg

Spartan 117
01-01-07, 11:11 PM
is it a rear projection TV??

if so, just get a tech to adjust/replace the projecters, should only be a few hundred bucks for the parts and labor, thats what we did with our TV when that happened

stjuart
01-01-07, 11:18 PM
yep it is a rear projection, so the tubes have gone srewy is what your saying, if it doesnt cost anymore than 300 dollars i have no problem, if it cost more than that screw it iam going to by a plasma or rear projection that at least support 720p.

ViN86
01-01-07, 11:32 PM
hmm, no re-alignment button on it?

we have a rear-projection HDTV and whenever the picture starts to get fuzzy we hit the "Magic Focus" button and it re-aligns the image.

of course, its such a simple fix im sure you would have thought of it by now, and your picture looks much worse than ours usually does. good luck man :(