PDA

View Full Version : The Descent BD doesn't play in Sony's BDP player!

superklye
01-02-07, 08:30 AM
Reports have surfaced on various online message boards, including this thread on our own High-Def Digest Forum, that users attempting to spin 'The Descent' on their Sony players are met only with a blank screen. Though a firmware update has been promised from the company sometime early this year, in the meantime it seems let the buyer beware.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Technical_Glitches/Lionsgate/The_Descent_Playback_Problems_on_Sony_Blu-ray_Players/409

Hilarious! Sony FTL!

six_storm
01-02-07, 08:41 AM
Haha!!! That's one point for Sony! :thumbup:

Marvel_us
01-02-07, 09:00 AM
That sucks especially since it works on PS3. 1k Blu-Ray player and you can't play a movie....even if it's one movie that still sucks. Hopefully they have a fix coming soon.

GamerGuyX
01-02-07, 12:33 PM
even if it's one movie that still sucks.

I think The Descent kicks ass.

ENU291
01-02-07, 02:50 PM
It certainly kicked Sony's Blu-Ray players ass! :ass: :p

:D

Marvel_us
01-02-07, 03:05 PM

Now that I re-read what I wrote, it came out wrong.

I meant to say, "even if it's one movie that can't be played, it still sucks." I didn't mean the actual movie sucked.:o

Thanks for the heads up on the movie though, I'll probably pick it up.

superklye
01-02-07, 03:11 PM
I thought it looked really good from commercials, but my brother and a few others that saw it said it was terrible...especially compared to the original.

Ah well.

Marvel_us
01-02-07, 03:16 PM
I thought it looked really good from commercials, but my brother and a few others that saw it said it was terrible...especially compared to the original.

Ah well.

Really? Well I guess I'll see if I can rent it first before adding it to the collection.

betterdan
01-02-07, 08:29 PM
It certainly kicked Sony's Blu-Ray players ass! :ass: :p

:D
:rofl