PDA

View Full Version : Speak English you abomination! (FW Drivers & Language)

JemyM
01-03-07, 01:50 AM
In 97.44 I can no longer switch to the old control panel and the new one is forced into Swedish.

Now I barely understand a word of this translation as I have used the english expressions of common graphic terms since the early nineties. For example, I always knew what Anti-Aliasing was. But the weak attempt to try to translate such well established expressions into my mother language makes it near impossible for me to understand what I am doing.

If anyone know a way to force english into the drivers, I would be very greatful. I have tried both the international and the english version of the driver but both seem to be forced into Swedish. :thumbdwn:

Gurra101
01-03-07, 06:13 AM
Anti alising är ju kantutjämning!!!!!

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 06:20 AM
there is more people having the same problem

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82545&highlight=english

i still don't understand why the hell a ENGLISH (NOT INTERNATIONAL) driver installs other languages.

follow the instructions i provided in that thread, delete the un-needed files and you will get English back

Princess_Frosty
01-03-07, 07:26 AM
It installs to the native language of your OS, if you don't want that language why are you installing your OS to use that language in the first place.

Can you imagine the logistical nightmare of deploying seperate driver packages for each and every language everytime there was an update?

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 07:46 AM
go read the thread again

OLD CONTROL PANEL DIDN'T DO that

there are two driver packages, English that supposed to be english only, and INTERNATIONAL. Thats why there are two packages, one supposed to be just for English another for International users (all other supported Languages)

my Windows is USA (ENGLISH) retail copy.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1047/clipboard01mh5.jpg

I only have Polish NON-UNICODE SUPPORT ENABLED!!, not Polish Language, so i could see the correct Polish letters.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9106/clipboard03wk4.jpg

ENU291
01-03-07, 08:37 AM
The 97.44 driver pack is a complete embarrassment for Nvidia. What the hell are they doing over there?? And don't get me started on this new Control Panel nonsense. It looks like Nvidia let some interns program that POS!! Such garbage... :thumbdwn:

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 08:44 AM
The 97.44 driver pack is a complete embarrassment for Nvidia. What the hell are they doing over there?? And don't get me started on this new Control Panel nonsense. It looks like Nvidia let some interns program that POS!! Such garbage... :thumbdwn:

this language bull**** started up from the first driver that included the new control panel, i didn't care that much before, because i used the old control panel.

so yeah, this is nothing new.

who ever decided to force other languages in ENGLISH driver pack should be fired!

JemyM
01-03-07, 09:34 AM
It installs to the native language of your OS, if you don't want that language why are you installing your OS to use that language in the first place.

Can you imagine the logistical nightmare of deploying seperate driver packages for each and every language everytime there was an update?

I have english windows.

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 09:38 AM
I have english windows.

go here

delete the un-needed files from system32 folder, and you will be done.

JemyM
01-03-07, 09:47 AM
Anti alising är ju kantutjämning!!!!!

Yeah, but tell me what "Negativt detaljnivåförhållande" (Negative Detaillevel Relationship) and "Anpassad Texturklämma" (Adapted Texture Pincher) means, and who actually use that kind of language.

Computer inadept people wouldnt even be able to guess what it means and techies probably do not know what it means either. With 8 million people, most of who speaks fluid english, learning the "translated" version is a waste of time. I prefer to use driver settings in a language I am familiar with and that do not mean Swedish.

JemyM
01-03-07, 10:02 AM
go here

delete the un-needed files from system32 folder, and you will be done.

Thanks. I made a batch script:

Speak English You Abomination.bat
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwssr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvvitvsr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvrssv.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmoblsr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmccssr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmccsrs.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvgamesr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvdispsr.dll /f /q

Seems to work great. Still annoying but thanks for the solution.

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 10:05 AM
Yeah, but tell me what "Negativt detaljnivåförhållande" (Negative Detaillevel Relationship) and "Anpassad Texturklämma" (Adapted Texture Pincher) means, and who actually use that kind of language.

Computer inadept people wouldnt even be able to guess what it means and techies probably do not know what it means either. With 8 million people, most of who speaks fluid english, learning the "translated" version is a waste of time. I prefer to use driver settings in a language I am familiar with and that do not mean Swedish.

Polish translations are the same, maybe even worse.

Tikimotel
01-03-07, 12:42 PM
Thanks. I made a batch script:

Speak English You Abomination.bat
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwssr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvvitvsr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvrssv.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmoblsr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmccssr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmccsrs.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvgamesr.dll /f /q
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvdispsr.dll /f /q

Seems to work great. Still annoying but thanks for the solution.

del C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvcpluir.dll /f /q
full english now...