PDA

View Full Version : ASUS PC Probe II

technoid
01-03-07, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking about a new ASUS motherboard and I've used PC Probe on the one I have now to Record the CPU and Motherboard temps and stuff so I'm wondering if PC Probe II allows you to do that too. That's a nice feature.

Does anyone know a generic app that does it for like the Gigabyte DS3?

Xion X2
01-03-07, 01:17 PM
CoreTemp logs temps while it's running. It also measures temps on multiple cores individually. See below. [Edit: Doesn't measure mobo temps, however.]

technoid
01-03-07, 01:22 PM
CoreTemp logs temps while it's running. It also measures temps on multiple cores individually. See below. [Edit: Doesn't measure mobo temps, however.]
Thanks I'll try it out. But what I'm looking for is something that will record the motherboard and cpu temps while I'm playing games. What I like about PC Probe is it does that and also graphs them which is really nice. So I'm wondering if PC Probe II does that too. I tried to install PC Probe II on my motherboard but it doesn't support the older motherboards.

Xion X2
01-03-07, 01:26 PM
I have PCProbe II and could try it out for you real quick. Back in a few.

|JuiceZ|
01-03-07, 01:30 PM
Download SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) and never look back.

Riptide
01-03-07, 01:32 PM
PC Probe 2 sucks. I've been able to reproduce this bug on multiple systems including my friend's ASUS ATI board and have reported it yet they do nothing about it.

Next time you open PC Probe II try this first. Check your WAV volume level (not the master). Turn it all the way up if it isn't already. Then open PC Probe II. After opening PC Probe II go check the WAV volume level. It drops it to approx. 3/5. I have no idea why that program would interfere with volume levels but it does it both with the onboard AC97 and my auzentech. What the hell?

Xion X2
01-03-07, 01:35 PM
@technoid

I don't see any way to log the temps. It has a monitor for everything including cpu usage but no way to log temps it appears unless it places the file in some discrete location on your drive.

technoid
01-03-07, 02:55 PM
@technoid

I don't see any way to log the temps. It has a monitor for everything including cpu usage but no way to log temps it appears unless it places the file in some discrete location on your drive.
Thanks for checking it for me. I've been looking at the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 but didn't want to loose PC Probe so I started looking at the P5B-E so I could keep using PC Probe. But then I noticed it came with PC Probe II and since it wouldn't run on my P4C800-E I wanted to see if it would still record the settings you choose. Since it won't that won't be part of my decision process anymore.

Recording in PC Probe was a cool feature and I used it a lot. It recorded everything and graphed it while it was recording and you could also open previous recordings and it would graph them too, very cool. It's too bad they didn't keep that in PC Probe II. It was in the History section of PC Probe.

Thanks again for checking it for me.

technoid
01-03-07, 03:12 PM
Download SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) and never look back.
I used Speed Fan a long time ago to adjust the cpu fan speed on a Pentium II but never seen a way to record the readings. I just played with the new version and seen how to do it. Thanks.

psuvette
01-06-07, 02:40 AM
PC Probe II sucks. I'd just stick with PC probe I

the wip
01-06-07, 03:43 AM
riva tune,with core temp plug in,can change gpu fan speed too

Xion X2
01-06-07, 01:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can just download PCProbe off Asus' site anyway, can't you?