PDA

View Full Version : Just bought LWM-37W3, question to owners...

Monolyth
01-03-07, 12:58 PM
Welp,
I've decided after looking at the Westy compared to the Samsung this weekend to give the Westy a try. I'm not a big console gamer, but I was looking for something to use as both a monitor and TV and hopefully have a bit of future-proofing with 1080p .

Anything 'special' about this set I should know now? Any big issues you guys might have with your sets? Any over scan issues when connecting to a PC over one of the DVI inputs?

Thanks all! :) I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it. :)

OWA
01-03-07, 01:35 PM
I don't have the W3 (mine is the W1) but it works fine with PCs and consoles. For a while I used it on my 2nd system as its main monitor. Now I mostly use it as a TV and for gaming with a X360/PS3.

Congrats your purchase.

ENU291
01-03-07, 04:17 PM
Riptide has the W3... PM him if you have questions! :)

Arioch
01-03-07, 07:50 PM
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow - will let you know my impressions.

Monolyth
01-05-07, 02:46 AM
Well I got it and set it up and totally digged that nVidia drivers detected the hdtv through the DVI cable and automatically set some stuff up for me. w00t :)

So I went in and played some CS:S and I noticed some severe ghosting, I played for awhile anyway, it wasn't too bad. Afterwards I started tweaking it up and such and noticed that the TV said it was getting a 1080i signal from my video card, well that ain't right I thought. I hopped into the control panel and low and behold nVidia set the darn thing to 1080i instead of 1080p! So I switched that and boom no more ghosting, smooth as ice and AWWWWWWWWESOME picture. I only sit about 3 feet away and was worried I would see pixels, but nada, nice clean picture.

I'm so happy I made the purchase and at $1K I can hardly argue about the price. Watched some 1080i HD stuff and it too looked amazing, Westinghouse really knew what they were doing when they said this was a monitor.

Anyway here are some pics, enjoy! :)

Btw, the movie is Tremors 1080i :)