View Full Version : HELP I'm SCREWED!!!

Pages : [1] 2

TiKiMaN1
01-03-07, 04:26 PM
:rofl:lol::rofl

http://www.plankdoo.com/pics/why-doesnt-this-work.jpg

:lol2:

I thought you guys would get a kick out of that!:D

A friend sent that to me so I hope it wasn't anyone we know......

Q
01-03-07, 04:28 PM
That's a classic....more than likely staged, but a classic nonetheless.

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 04:33 PM
is that XFX card?

i wonder what XFX support will say ;)

TiKiMaN1
01-03-07, 04:34 PM
That's a classic....more than likely staged, but a classic nonetheless.

I sure thought so.:captnkill:

Cyant
01-03-07, 04:37 PM
That's old... your friend has been hiding under a rock for a while I take it.

Maybe you should tell him to google the following he might enjoy them he probably never saw those before:

-Starwars Kid
-Numa Numa Gary Brolsma
-All your base are belong to us (AYBABTU or simply AYB)

Xion X2
01-03-07, 04:38 PM
That's funny, but I think I can top it:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56924

I decided this weekend to try and quiten my PC by following some other members lead and going down the water cooling road. The fans on my PC were really starting to drive me mad

The first thing that I did was to remove all the fans. The one on the processor and graphics card were no problem but the one in the power unit was a bugger to get out.

The most difficult part was sealing all the ventilitation openings in the PC case with silicon. I also put silicon all around the joints on the PC case. The smell of silicon was dreadful but when my wife complained I told her to be patent as it will be worth it when we have a completely silent PC.

Because I had completely sealed the PC case the only opening near top was the DVD drive. So I opened that and put the small hose I had purchased specially for the job into the DVD drive as far as it would go. With what I can only describe as great excitement and anticipation, I turned on the water. It really is amazing just how long it took before the case was complete full, and boy was it heavy. That didn't really bother me as I didn't intend to be moving the PC anyway.

The big moment had arrived so I called in my wife and mother in law (who was visiting) and I announced "prepare to hear nothing!" and flicked the switch on the socket on the wall.

Before I could even press the power button on front of the PC, with a loud bang, the whole place was plunged into darkness

I knew that it was only the tripswitch so I told my onlookers not to panic and I ran out to the hall to turn the trip switch back on. But can u believe it, it wouldn't stay on. After five attempts I decided to try unplugging the PC and would you believe...yes the trip switch stayed on. My conclusion: the PC must have in some way been causing the problem.

After about an hour of tries I finally decided to abandon the whole idea of water cooling and emptied the water out of the PC, put back in the fans (except the fan in the power unit, I had broken that one getting it out) and tried the pc AGAIN. IT STILL CAUSED THE TRIP SWTICH TO BLOW!

My PC is completely shagged thanks to stupid suggestions that I got on this forum. What the hell am I going to do now. I spent two hours last night with a hair drier inside the PC case and it still trips the switch.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Conor

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 04:43 PM
omfg xion

is that for real? are there really that stupid people in the world?

Xion X2
01-03-07, 04:44 PM
omfg xion

is that for real? are there really that stupid people in the world?

lol, I'm pretty sure it's fake, but that guy does a pretty good job of sounding legit if you read that thread. It's a trip.

What makes it sound convincing is the thread is 4-5 years old, back when watercooling was first getting started.

nekrosoft13
01-03-07, 04:47 PM
if he would use mineral oil that would work

Xion X2
01-03-07, 04:51 PM
lol, read on:

I get the feeling that some of you are mking fun of me. Ok it probably wasn't the brightest thing to try but I did it because of suggestions I read in this forum and as such I lay the blame for this disaster at the feet of the people who talked about water cooling but did not bother to explain it fully. You people have a big responsibility and you can't just drop suggestions filppantly for others to pick up and (as in my case) ruin their gear.

As for anybody who thinks that this is funny, I spent what is to me alot of money on my PC and if you can't think of something to say without sneering at my misfotune well then I would rather not hear from you at all

Conor

Xion X2
01-03-07, 04:52 PM
More...

I'm sorry. I probably came along too strong there and indeed you are right it is my own responsibility to check these things out before I try them. But as u can imagine I am a little upset and again if anything I said offends I am sorry

I've been working with computers for about seven years and I have built quite a few for friends and myself but with this PC I put alot of work into it and I was very happy with it and now it seems to be ruined

I just don't understand why it didn't work, I mean what another member, John, said about not having a return pipe to take away the hot water and that caused my PC to overheat actually makes sense but this happened so fast I doubt that the water in the PC could have gotton that hot so quickly to cause overheating.

I don't know what to do now

Conor

Marvel_us
01-03-07, 04:56 PM
Lol, yea the one Xion posted turned out to be fake but man that was f***in' hilarious when I read it!

Xion X2
01-03-07, 05:00 PM
lol. Yeah, I laughed my &@^ off the first time I ever read it, too. What's even funnier is some people clearly bought into it. Check this guy out:

This is obviously not a wind-up now. Regardless of why, how, or who is to blame for it happening, I think we can all sympathise with the amount of time and effort you put in to making the PC and the amount of money you have now lost. I would go down MuFu's route and take everything apart, let it all dry out thoroughly and clean off any corrosion. Then I would test indivdual parts such as the hard drive/graphics card/DVD & CD Rom drives in another PC (which you obviously have access to) in order check their status.

You may even be able to salvage your motorboard and CPU, but don't try that until you have a working fan on it. You RAM is likely gone and your PSU as well. It's going to take time and patience but might just pay off in the end.

Gee Gates, you think so? Yeah, filling a PSU w/ water would probably have that effect wouldn't it?

(spit)

grey_1
01-03-07, 05:05 PM
:lol2: :rofl

Xion X2
01-03-07, 05:11 PM
Hey, give him some credit. He wasn't a COMPLETE moron...

And the worst of it is that I still haven't told the wife that the PC I spent so much money and time on is shagged.

BTW I won't delete this thread until Kramer sees it. I suppose it wasn't his fault It was a stupid thing to do but it is only fair that he see it since I mentioned his name in the title

I am actually interested that anybody could still think that this is a wind-up. I mean I'm not a total idiot (as some of your unkind replys would suggest) I did wrap the power supply unit in cling film plastic wrap before I filled it with water

Conor

Xion X2
01-03-07, 05:16 PM
Mate..

what is water

conductive

what is your PC

A whole load of circuits

What happens when you put water accross a circuit

it shorts

what happens when you put a PC across water

it goes ti*s up

:rofl

sillyeagle
01-03-07, 08:07 PM
That's funny, but I think I can top it:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56924

lol, there was guy on a car forum I read that did that same sort of stunt, on arpil fools. He came on saying how he followed the advice on the forum and put a suuuper small pulley on his supercharger, one that requires a good $6000 worth of other mods to support, and all he did was bolt it on. Then he talked about how much power it had at first and that now he has a loud banging niose and black smoke, and got all p*ssed off becuase he followe the info on the forum and now his car is broken. It was quite funny, and poeple though he was serious at first.

DRen72
01-04-07, 10:20 AM
I worked in PC and software sales about 10 years ago and I would often get customers in who had no idea what the difference was between floppies or CD's let alone which one their PC took. To me, that was nuts enough.

buffbiff21
01-04-07, 10:30 AM
I worked in PC and software sales about 10 years ago and I would often get customers in who had no idea what the difference was between floppies or CD's let alone which one their PC took. To me, that was nuts enough.

haha dude i was a Circuit city the other day, and a dude and his girlfriend were looking at laptops, and the guy kinda TRIED to sound like he knew what he was talking about, he kept reading the specs off of the little sales sheet and he was like

"oh yeah the CPU is 1.5 GHz. that means it will do your tasks quickly. My computer has a CPU speed of 3 GHZ. Thats REALLY fast."

(of course in terms of different architecture clock speed matters not - i kept listening attentively for more comedy)

"and it has two-thousand megabytes of memory. this is so you can save as many Word documents as you want."

i tried SO HARD to keep my mouth shut i was seriously laughing my ass off inside though.

CrackatiCz
01-04-07, 10:36 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Dazz
01-04-07, 12:22 PM
Yeah it's an old joke but still kinda funny.

Xion X2
01-04-07, 04:44 PM
haha dude i was a Circuit city the other day, and a dude and his girlfriend were looking at laptops, and the guy kinda TRIED to sound like he knew what he was talking about

Yeah, that's funny. You know what I get a kick out of, though? Walking into CompUSA and acting like your average joe customer who knows nothing about computers and hearing how pitiful their salespeople's knowledge are about computers. I'll be correcting them left and right on stuff until they turn into stuttering stanleys and trot off. :D

CrackatiCz
01-04-07, 05:44 PM
The other day at Frys, I did the same thing I asked the guy how many MBs of CPU space I should have (Doesn't make sense what so ever :D) He said at least 1MB of CPU space, I am still trying to figure out why he answered me or at least tried to correct me...

RussianHAXOR
01-04-07, 05:47 PM
Maybe he meant L2 Cache?

buffbiff21
01-04-07, 06:16 PM
Yeah, that's funny. You know what I get a kick out of, though? Walking into CompUSA and acting like your average joe customer who knows nothing about computers and hearing how pitiful their salespeople's knowledge are about computers. I'll be correcting them left and right on stuff until they turn into stuttering stanleys and trot off. :D

The other day at Frys, I did the same thing I asked the guy how many MBs of CPU space I should have (Doesn't make sense what so ever :D) He said at least 1MB of CPU space, I am still trying to figure out why he answered me or at least tried to correct me...

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
hahahaha OMG OMG dude i know exactly what you guys are talkin about!!

This below is a long winded story, but its worth it.

I was at Fry's a while back, and a sales-staff girl came up to me while i was Monitor-hunting.
She asked me if i had any questions, and I asked her is she knew if the monitor ghosted ( think it was a 24 inch HP... it seemed allright, kinda blury, i did not actually USE it, it was on the display wall)
Then I asked her if she knew the monitor's refresh rate (again, it looked good from what i saw, but i did not actually use it, the screensaver was running on on the display wall)
She started lecturing me on mouse DPI!!!
She proceeded continuously to ask me if I was a gamer, and i kept saying "kinda", and she asked me my video card for some reason, at the time I had a 7950GX2, so i answered, and she said
"oh thats one of the older ones, isnt it... does it have 64 MB of video RAM or 128 MB of Video RAM?

"one gigabyte" i say

she just looked at me boggled.

At this point i tried not to burst inside, then i just pretended i was a complete neophyte :rofl

"oh maybe it only has 1 megabyte" i said trying to sound kinda confused.

then she went and got me a note with the name of a website of some MOUSE company or sumthin, I dont know i was not really paying attention to her at that point!! she gave me the note and i refused. which was rude of me but come on.

the grand finale was when she was amongst mid-lecture:
i asked her for a moment, and just turned 180 degrees, started banging my head against the wall, and SLOWLY walked out.

my friend was hangin out with me, so he just followed me and we left.

the end