PDA

View Full Version : Beeping sound on 680i/8800gtx sli?

TonyM16
01-03-07, 08:02 PM
Hi. I am very happy with my 680i and 8800gtx sli all except one issue. While playing Oblivion I noticed this beeping sound after a few hours of play. IO thought it was nothing at first but now I am hearing it every half hour.

Its a short beep, played just once. I don't know what it is or why it's happening. I have played FEAR but I didn't play that long enough to get any beeps , so the only game I have heard the beep in so far is Oblivion, but it could be be in other games aswell.

It can't be a warning sound since the beep sound comes through my headphones. Also some sounds get omitted when there are lots playing at the same time in Oblivion, like when I was saving Kvatch and had four peeps with me helping out.

SO what is it and why is it happening? Is this the dreaded sli sound issue? But I thought that was a long crackling sound rather than a short one time beep? Also wasn't that fixed. I am using P23 bios and onboard sound.

Is this an issue with my gpu, cpu. mobo or sound card? WIll buying a XiFi correct this? Will lowering my cpu clock correctr this?

Please help me out, as other than this issue I am happy with my setup and everything was so close to being perfect.

jAkUp
01-03-07, 08:22 PM
Are you using a Ps2 keyboard/Mouse? If so try a USB one.

john19055
01-03-07, 08:24 PM
I still had problems even with the P23 bios when I was running my memory above 1100,People are still haveing different kinds of problems even with the updated P23 Bios ,Make sure your connectors are tight on your card ,A new sound card may help if that is the problem ,Try running your memory at 1066 or at 800 and see what that does.

jAkUp
01-03-07, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure its the PS2 problem, this is a known issue.

TonyM16
01-03-07, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure its the PS2 problem, this is a known issue.

Hi Jakup. I am using a bluetooth wirless mouse, but my keyboard is the ps2 type. So will getting a usb keyboard really fix this issue? Have you any idea what the connection is between the keyboard and beep?

Also thanks John for replying to my post, if I have to I will look in to my memory speed, but I will try the PS2 thing first since It will have less effect on performance.:)

PS. If I ignore the problem will it just keep happening and happen in all my games?

Thank you.

jAkUp
01-03-07, 08:42 PM
Yes it should fix your issue, if you have a USB keyboard to test I would try that, or a PS2 to USB converter.

TonyM16
01-03-07, 08:54 PM
Yes it should fix your issue, if you have a USB keyboard to test I would try that, or a PS2 to USB converter.

Cool. I will get one tomorrow from my local PC store, thankfully these kinds of things are very cheap these days, I could even get a usb 2.0 wireless keyboard if I wanted if they are having a sale(which they will , I am sure). Thank you very much (nana2)

Hopefully come tomorrow I will have a perfectly working system.

Xion X2
01-03-07, 10:48 PM
Is this just an issue w/ the 680i boards? Because I plan on going w/ the Asus 650i tomorrow.

byte8086
01-03-07, 11:03 PM
Is this just an issue w/ the 680i boards? Because I plan on going w/ the Asus 650i tomorrow.

My 680i does not beep under load, but my BX2 does with my eVGA 8800GTX. Some believe it is a power supply issue and does not effect the card itself.

Sound dropping/chopping is fixable by plugging in a USB mouse.

john19055
01-03-07, 11:13 PM
I am getting a Asus 650i tomorrow too,I hope I have less problems with it.

buffbiff21
01-04-07, 12:11 AM
dude its only beeping cuz youre pushing more than a few keys at once when gaming...

am i right?

i think this happens on all mobos.

andygodber
01-04-07, 04:20 AM
Ive also started getting the beeps since putting in a second card - I get the beesp on Heroes Might and magic 5 (which is non SLI) but also occasionally on 3dMark06.

I am running a Galaxy 1000W PSU, so pretty sure its not the power, unless the power on the rails is not spread properly.

TonyM16
01-04-07, 05:07 AM
dude its only beeping cuz youre pushing more than a few keys at once when gaming...

am i right?

i think this happens on all mobos.

I don't remember now, what my fingers were doing when I heard the beep. All I remember was jumping ( I mean me not the character!) when I heard it. Imagine it , a loud beep just all of a sudden coming through the headphones whilst playing a game.

It can't be all mobos as I have owned at least three mobos before, none of which did this. Oh I know what you are talking about now, but that only happens when the PC is locking up and the sound comes through the mobo speaker right? My sound is coming through the speakers/headphones.

Stoneyguy
01-04-07, 06:14 AM
Odd that the beed would be coming through your headphones. Hope I don't ever experience this myself. I love my keyboard.

GitDat
01-04-07, 06:28 AM
Will you people listen toJaKuP! If you use a USB keyboard or USB adapter it WILL solve the beeping problem.

TonyM16
01-04-07, 06:32 AM
Will you people listen toJaKuP! If you use a USB keyboard or USB adapter it WILL solve the beeping problem.

Already have :) I am going to the shops later today, I have an appointment aswell at 4:00pm(GMT time) or else I would have gone already.

TonyM16
01-04-07, 04:59 PM
Hi guys. Just wantd to do a quick update. I came back from the local pC store a while back with a new usb2.0 keyboard (it was the exact same model as my PS2 one lol).

The bad news is that the PS2 version of the keyboard is much better ie more responsive and such things, but who cares about that since I have such GOOD NEWS. Yes that beeping is GONE. :D

I just put in 3-4 hours of Oblivion and never heard a single beep. Great.

PS. You know those streaks some people mentioned having with 97.44 drivers and Oblivion, well I saw them in Anvil for a quick second. Never saw them again though and have never seen them before, so will chalk it up to a freak thing, but at least I know what it is.

Anyway thank you so much JAKUP. You really helped me out:)(nana2)

V@no
02-26-07, 06:37 PM
Hello!
I've been looking for a way to fix the beeps I hear, these are comming from the PC speaker, not the headphones.
These beeps are defenetly not related to any system overload nor by pressing more then one key at once. My motherboard (BFG nForce 680i SLI) beeps even when I enter into bios setup! at the moment of beep it ignores any other keys I press which is absolutely anoing thing if you type something and have to press one key more then once to get needed letter..In games if you start turning and beep occure, you might find yourself continuing turning until you press the same or other key...
Yes, I use PS/2 keyboard and mouse and if we are forced to buy an USB type they why it wasn't included with the motherboard? For the price we pay for these motherboard we should get the best not the worst...right?

As some in this thread mentioned, its a known issue, if its so known, why it wasn't fixed by now? are they trying to keep up (bug wise) with Asus's most buggy created motherboard EVER - Striker Extreme?

I'm unfortunet owner of these two motherboard (the nForce I bought as an replacement to Striker and already have exchanged it as I was sure it was difective) and right now I'm pretty much pissed off because neither of them can be used for my needs! Wanted have kick@$$ PC, turned out to be pain-in-the-@$$ PC...

P.S. :sry: for my bad english :barf:

GitDat
02-26-07, 06:56 PM
Can anyone tell me why either my EVGA 680i motherboard or EVGA 8800 GTX beeps at 6:05AM in the morning and stops at 6:06AM?? :confused: It's like it has a freaking alarm clock in it.. lol. I can't tell which of the two is doing it either.