PDA

View Full Version : No SLI enabled in Source games?

skoprowski
01-04-07, 09:09 AM
I am trying to get SLI enable for for HL2, HL2DM, CSS and Dark Messiah. SLI will not work with those games unless I force the SLI option in the global settings. Anyone know what is going on? I tried both 93.81 and 93.71. This is for my 7900GTs btw.

Thanks,

Scott

Grestorn
01-04-07, 11:27 AM
I am trying to get SLI enable for for HL2, HL2DM, CSS and Dark Messiah. SLI will not work with those games unless I force the SLI option in the global settings. Anyone know what is going on? I tried both 93.81 and 93.71. This is for my 7900GTs btw.

The profile detection mechanism is known to cause problems sometimes. There was a bugfix mentioned for Steam based games in Forceware 97.44, and it may be that this bug is also in effect for 93.x drivers.

Generally, it's a good idea to shutdown as many processes as possible. In my experience, too many running process can throw off the profile detection mechanism.

skoprowski
01-09-07, 10:01 AM
After a lot of troubleshooting it seems that a recent steam update messed up the Nvidia driver's ability to detect when a steam game is started. The only solution I found was to add steam.exe to the SLI profiles- but then it applies the same profile to all steam games which is not good IMHO. The other alternative is to use nhancer and manually start the SLI profiles before starting the game. This seems to work fine and I'll just do that until new official drivers come out for the 7900 series.

skoprowski
01-16-07, 12:16 AM
Update: I think this is strange but after updating to AVG free antivirus 7.5 from 7.1 the SLI profiles work fine. Very strange.