PDA

View Full Version : My new LCD Monitor just got forked up.

Hambone
01-04-07, 05:37 PM
I've never heard of this as a problem before. I think this LCD (Samsung 22" Widescreen) has been plugged in for 2 weeks or so now.

When I came home today and powered up, I saw a thin light blue vertical line on the screen. I tried a different LCD on this computer and this LCD on another computer.

I guess I have to do a return tomorrow... my wife bought it at Best Buy before Christmas.

Dead and stuck pixels I've heard of, but never a complete vertical line. Oh well...

SH0DAN
01-04-07, 05:39 PM
I've never heard of this as a problem before. I think this LCD (Samsung 22" Widescreen) has been plugged in for 2 weeks or so now.

When I came home today and powered up, I saw a thin light blue vertical line on the screen. I tried a different LCD on this computer and this LCD on another computer.

I guess I have to do a return tomorrow... my wife bought it at Best Buy before Christmas.

Dead and stuck pixels I've heard of, but never a complete vertical line. Oh well...

BestBuy is fairly good about returns.Good luck with it,and let us know what happens please. :)

Roadhog
01-04-07, 05:59 PM

give it a good slapping on the sides. It works. :D

Hambone
01-04-07, 06:24 PM
I think I burned it out playing FEAR from start to finish over the last two weeks. :bash:

It's really weird. The line is invisble on a Black/Red or standard Blue background. It's hard to see with a white background. It's most visible with a grey background.

I called Best Buy and they said if it was purchaced after the beginning of November, it was no problem at all to change it out. I'm well with in that range but it's really nice to hear. :) Hopefully they won't care if she got it at a different store because I don't feel like going out of my way to go to the same one.

I really hope I can get the extended warrenty added. I bought my wife the 19" Samsung Widescreen last week at Fry's and it was $20 for a 2 year replacment warrenty they said I could use even if a single pixel died.

SH0DAN
01-04-07, 06:26 PM
give it a good slapping on the sides. It works. :D

No,no no,no,that wont work...get a set of darts,and aim for the thin blue line... :D Seriously though,I hope Hambone gets it replaced with out any hassle. :)

Hambone
01-04-07, 06:44 PM
Ha, I just noticed if you type "LCD vertical line" into google you become aware this is a common LCD problem.

Yowsers... I'm always getting the extended warrenties on all LCD's from now on.

OK funny story. My wife is sad because my Christmas present was screwed up again.

Last year.... she bought me a fancy Dremmel tool set. I mean a big good actual Dremmel brand with every attachment they make in a nice case. When I opened it up I was confused at what I saw through the clear plastic parts on the top of the case.

It turned out some butt-munch had bought it before me, taken everything out of the case and then filled the case up with sticks and rocks. Then they hot glued the box back closed to make it look like it had never been opened.

The only good part was that she bought it at Home Depot and they never even looked funny at me about the whole thing. Apparently it's a somewhat common thing for someone to load a box with sticks and rocks and then hot-glue it back closed.

I have bad Christmas Karma or something :)

Stoneyguy
01-04-07, 07:41 PM
If your staring at the line and the phone rings.... DONT ANSWER IT!!

http://www.webdesign.org/img_articles/7364/Nice-Girl.jpg