PDA

View Full Version : What games you've recently finished ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SH64
01-06-07, 10:35 AM
Inspired by the "games you are playing" thread , lets see what games you've actually finished!!
playing a game is something & finishing it is what counts! :D

Rules :
1) No spoilers please! (if you want to discuss game endings .. try PM or make another thread about it)
2) List only game(s) you've finished recently. say either 2 weeks period as max or newely released games that cannot be considered "not new" anymore.

i finished FEAR:XP last week & finished Hitman:Blood Money yesterday.
i have the say that Hitman's ending was quite unusual ;)

hirantha
01-06-07, 10:43 AM
i wish i can finish each game i buy, but how can i ever finish one game when another coming out just around the corner.

OWA
01-06-07, 10:44 AM
Sorry to say but none for me. The last one I finished was Doom 3. I'm about half-way through Quake 4 and Prey. I spend so much time just "testing" games that I rarely get around to actually playing them.

SH64
01-06-07, 10:48 AM
Sorry to say but none for me. The last one I finished was Doom 3. I'm about half-way through Quake 4 and Prey. I spend so much time just "testing" games that I rarely get around to actually playing them.
I do a lot of testing too , but i try my best to finish the games i'm playing.
i'm on my way to finish :
1) GRAW (very hard game .. hopefully i will)
2) Sam 'n Max : Ep1
3) Oblivion , but keep in mind that this game is not "finishable" :D

nutcrackr
01-06-07, 11:52 AM
Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Pacific Assault. Both quite fun actually even though I'm not a WW2 fan. Pacific Assault has lots of jungle though :|

Gaco
01-06-07, 11:59 AM
The three most recent games I've finished:

1. Rayman Raving Rabbits (Wii) - hilarious game :)
2. Gears of War (Xbox 360) - it actually turned out to be intereseting and deep enough to keep me interested all the way through. Great work Epic :thumnsup:
3. Company of Heroes (PC) - Really not much to say here. One of the best games ever :salute:

Top3 NOT yet finished:

1. Zelda: TP (Wii) - working on it, just didn't quite catch attention that much :)
2. Sam & Max Episode 1: Culture Shock (PC) - just didn't hold my interest, but I plan on doing it sometime.
3. Dark Messiah (PC) - too many technical issues, crashing problems etc., which totally hampered the game experience, thus preventing me from finishing the game. When I get a better PC, I'll play it for sure.

EDIT: Oh didn't see the 2-week cap. Well I'm too lazy to change my post now :p

Q
01-06-07, 12:01 PM

Same...

SH64
01-06-07, 12:03 PM
EDIT: Oh didn't see the 2-week cap. Well I'm too lazy to change my post now :p
Its alright as long as the games you're talking about are new releases.
(rule no.2 edited)

Pafet
01-06-07, 02:32 PM
Fear XP and Sam & Max ep.2 (yes, episode 2... these episodes are short and sweet :))

CaptNKILL
01-06-07, 02:44 PM
Only game I've completed in the past few months is Dark Messiah.

EDIT: Well, that and Knytt (http://knytt.ni2.se/). Its a pretty cool freeware platform\exploration game. Oozing with character... that was the main reason I kept playing.

Lfctony
01-06-07, 03:08 PM
I'm half way through Final Fantasy XII, and Resistance on PS3 that I haven't started. Also, I'm waiting on my Gamecube and a couple of Zelda games plus MGS: The Twin Snakes. Lots of stuff. :) Recently finished Dark Messiah and R6: Vegas on the 360, NWN2 a while back.

Mr_LoL
01-06-07, 04:43 PM
I have only just finished Half Life 2 :o I found it pretty boring tbh but I forced myself to finish it. I started playing it in in January last year I think.

Parts
01-06-07, 06:37 PM
I dont think ive finished a game since Chronicles of Riddick and before that it was so long I dont even remember what game, probably something for PS1 haha... and since CoR ive probably started 10+ games minimum EASY.

I have a really bad habit of starting games and never finishing them, or starting them, telling my friends how awesome they are and then happen to be around when THEY finish it.

EDIT: Oh wait, I got the SNES out and played through Super Metroid again in the summer... go me!

CaptNKILL
01-06-07, 07:09 PM
I dont think ive finished a game since Chronicles of Riddick and before that it was so long I dont even remember what game, probably something for PS1 haha... and since CoR ive probably started 10+ games minimum EASY.

I have a really bad habit of starting games and never finishing them, or starting them, telling my friends how awesome they are and then happen to be around when THEY finish it.

EDIT: Oh wait, I got the SNES out and played through Super Metroid again in the summer... go me!
This sounds a lot like me...

I have trouble finishing games.

Like CoH. The hype got me on that one and I purchased it after playing the demo for a little while. I played a few levels of the full game and it was good but eh... I'm almost to the end I think but I just don't feel all that interested in completing it. AOE3 was MUCH more fun to me (one of the few RTS games I've ever finished, and I did so TWICE in one year). I think the level of randomness and frustration is quite high in CoH and that wore my patience pretty thin during the long battles.

Most First person shooters tend to get pretty stale after only a few levels too. I got painkiller gold for christmas and already its pretty "meh". Its not very consistant and the graphics and level design are pretty poor most of the time. I remember the game looking excellent in the demo and the levels being laid out extremely well, but what I've played in the game recently has seemed disorganized and sort of thrown together. The whole tarot card thing isn't helping any. The levels really arent fun enough for me to want to do any of them more than once to get the cards... and the weapons don't carry over from level to level so none of it seems to tie together.

Hopefully with all of the major releases coming this year we'll get a crap load of solid A+ games. Hell, I hope to get a few games that are specifically catered to MY tastes as it seems like everyone else has been loving most of the games that have been released in the past 2 years and I've been left feeling underwhelmed by all but a few. KOTOR, BF2, AOE3, Red Orchestra, Riddick, Call of Cthulhu, HL2:EP1, Flatout and Flatout 2 and to some extent Vampire:Bloodlines and Oblivion (though I haven't finished those two yet) have been the only games in the past 3 years to really do much for me. Considering that spans all of the major genre, thats not many games. I ALWAYS enjoy playing old games on emulators or older PC games though.

I've got my fingers crossed for '07.

Sorry for the thread hijack though. :o

LT.Schaffer
01-06-07, 07:17 PM
well i went back and started playing:
Hitman Contracts[finished it a week ago]
Half life 2 Episode 1

Q
01-06-07, 08:06 PM
Only game I've completed in the past few months is Dark Messiah.

EDIT: Well, that and Knytt (http://knytt.ni2.se/). Its a pretty cool freeware platform\exploration game. Oozing with character... that was the main reason I kept playing.

I can now add knytt to the list of games I've finished... even though I barely had any intention of playing it due to the screenshots. That game was really, really good. Just...wow...

It doesn't take DX10 to make a good game.

SH64
01-06-07, 08:14 PM
I played Knytt for 15m then uninstalled it :o

esir
01-06-07, 08:44 PM
I finished Fear xp and Call of Juarez.But still playing CoJ.Awesome graphics and story.

Q
01-06-07, 09:21 PM
I played Knytt for 15m then uninstalled it :o

Thats a shame...you were only another 15-25m away from finishing it. ;)

crainger
01-06-07, 10:18 PM
Saint's Row just yesterday.

|MaguS|
01-06-07, 11:07 PM
Zelda
KOTOR
Family Guy

jAkUp
01-06-07, 11:42 PM
Last game I beat was Fear Extraction point :)

Hoopla
01-07-07, 01:09 AM
Fear EP - Pretty good expansion although more of the same. No story progress either.

Prey - too many end boss fights for my taste but good game overall.

Condemned:Criminal Origins - Great game, smacking people in the face with a shovel never gets old.

On the way to finish R6 Vegas - great game but runs like crap on my specs.

Starscream
01-07-07, 01:43 AM
I played all the way through Serious Sam 2 with a friend in co-op the other day. It was a LOT more fun this way than in single player.

Also I just finished Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past for probably the dozenth or so time. heh.

crainger
01-07-07, 02:18 AM
Condemned:Criminal Origins - Great game, smacking people in the face with a shovel never gets old.

Bout to start this myself. I loved the 360 demo, but I picked up the retail on PC. Heres hoping my 8800 likes it.

It's Monolith so would it be using the Lithtech Engine?

I'm hoping in the full game there is a strong focus on scene examination. The whole CSI thing is really cool.

I'm having a detective holiday. Condemned and Sam and Max!