PDA

View Full Version : SIN Episode 1 worth buying @ $10?

superklye
01-06-07, 12:57 PM
I saw on STEAM last night that it's on sale for $10...I know it wasn't that great, but is it worth $10?

stjuart
01-06-07, 01:00 PM
yes its definitely worth the ten bucks, sure its no half-life but it still a great shooting game and worth every dollar, 10 that is. get it .

SH64
01-06-07, 01:55 PM
Yes.

Mr. Hunt
01-06-07, 03:24 PM
This include Sin 1 source or whatever? If so I might pick it up as Sin 1 owns.

superklye
01-06-07, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it looks like it has SIN 1 and SIN Multiplayer included as well.

crainger
01-06-07, 09:16 PM
Buy it and they might even release Ep 2.

Edge
01-07-07, 04:01 AM
Hmm, for $10 I'll have to consider it. Does the retail version include Sin 1 or is that a Steam-version exclusive? Oh and are they still doing that Sin Multiplayer thing that they talked about a while ago? Then again, I don't know how you can have multiplayer with 3 weapons...

crainger
01-07-07, 04:24 AM
Hmm, for $10 I'll have to consider it. Does the retail version include Sin 1 or is that a Steam-version exclusive? Oh and are they still doing that Sin Multiplayer thing that they talked about a while ago? Then again, I don't know how you can have multiplayer with 3 weapons...

Retail version IS the Steam version. Just like HL2 you need Steam and an internet account to play.

As far as I know, they are still working on Ep2 and Multiplayer. They have needed to go back and re think the whole project due to Valve Quality Assurance relating to Episodic Content. Basically it will mean a better game for us, but a bigger delay.

Quick420
01-08-07, 09:42 AM
I still have it installed when I feel like a quick killing spree.It's actually very colorful and fun to play,besides you need the storyline if the next chapter ever comes out :p

Hoopla
01-08-07, 10:33 AM
Not worth it in my opinion. It was a lame and generic shooter. I doubt that we'll see episode 2.

Rakeesh
01-08-07, 11:04 AM
Hmm...I never played the original SIN before, was it any good? Although I hate steam, that is a good price for any good classic game, old or new. If this includes the original game in all of its glory, then that would be worth it.

I saw the video of the sin episode one before, and it didn't look terribly interesting. (Looked like a half life 2 mod, bleh)

flukester
01-08-07, 12:10 PM
Not worth it in my opinion. It was a lame and generic shooter. I doubt that we'll see episode 2.

Agreed game was total let down, lousy story and some really terrible use of textures. Like that lego car you start off in. They screwed over a whole community back when Sin 1 was released. Left everyone high and dry. This time round, lots of promises. Though they did release Arcade mode, they negged on mp and now state it will come with Episode 2. They got flamed up and down their forums, don't suspect I'd see these shmucks releasing Episode 2 or the Mp. Like Sin 1 they will disappear just as fast as they came back...

crainger
01-08-07, 01:52 PM
Hmm...I never played the original SIN before, was it any good? Although I hate steam, that is a good price for any good classic game, old or new. If this includes the original game in all of its glory, then that would be worth it.

I saw the video of the sin episode one before, and it didn't look terribly interesting. (Looked like a half life 2 mod, bleh)

The original SiN was great. It had a rough release due to bugs, but after a rather large patch (20mb or so back in 98). It became a pretty good shooter with a great story, I actually liked it better than Half-Life at first. Until I got a better rig to fully enjoy Half-Life (Oh the A3D sounds).

This new SiN was a let down, but I'm a huge fan of Ritual and the SiN universe (hey I even bought the horrible movie) so I still loved every minute of it.

P.S. The soundtrack (porbably the games best feature) is up on iTunes. Well worth the purchase if you like film/game soundtracks.

Rakeesh
01-08-07, 02:20 PM
The original SiN was great. It had a rough release due to bugs, but after a rather large patch (20mb or so back in 98). It became a pretty good shooter with a great story, I actually liked it better than Half-Life at first. Until I got a better rig to fully enjoy Half-Life (Oh the A3D sounds).

This new SiN was a let down, but I'm a huge fan of Ritual and the SiN universe (hey I even bought the horrible movie) so I still loved every minute of it.

P.S. The soundtrack (porbably the games best feature) is up on iTunes. Well worth the purchase if you like film/game soundtracks.

Is this recreation of SiN 1 as good as the original? Or was it the new episode that was the let down?

SH0DAN
01-08-07, 03:47 PM
I bought the game,the mission pack,and the movie on dvd,so I would says grab it,its a decent deal for 10$ I just splurged on it myself,after hearing about the deal you posted on.

BTW : thanks for heads up.

crainger
01-08-07, 05:39 PM
Is this recreation of SiN 1 as good as the original? Or was it the new episode that was the let down?

The new Episode is a let down. The recreation of the original that comes with SiN: Episodes is the same game as the original (much like HL:Source) with a few adult content changes. I think they are working on recreating the original game again but fully ported over to Source, like what the Black Mesa Source team are aiming for.

Rakeesh
01-08-07, 11:29 PM
The new Episode is a let down. The recreation of the original that comes with SiN: Episodes is the same game as the original (much like HL:Source) with a few adult content changes.

Like what? Removed swearing? Gore? If so thats gay.

crainger
01-09-07, 02:10 AM
Like what? Removed swearing? Gore? If so thats gay.

Nipples and headshot gore I think. Basic skin changes is all. I think they added a few ads for SiN: Episodes too, to replace a few of the more adult posters and mags found about the place. I assume the swearing is still there. Blade didn't swear too much. Holy**** is about it.

Rakeesh
01-10-07, 12:32 PM
Nipples and headshot gore I think. Basic skin changes is all. I think they added a few ads for SiN: Episodes too, to replace a few of the more adult posters and mags found about the place. I assume the swearing is still there. Blade didn't swear too much. Holy**** is about it.

Are there any third party add-ons that will put all of this back in?

crainger
01-10-07, 04:35 PM
Are there any third party add-ons that will put all of this back in?

Not that I know of.

nekrosoft13
01-15-07, 11:09 PM
what ever happened to SIN, isn't episode 2 long overdue?

crainger
01-15-07, 11:29 PM
what ever happened to SIN, isn't episode 2 long overdue?

There was a thread about this not to long ago.

There are a few rumors.

It has been canceled
There have been delays due to staff changes
They have started from scratch due to Valve's policy on Episodic content.

I personally believe it's a combination of 2 and 3. Though 1 is the one is see on most news sites. As far as I know there has been no official news about Episode 2.

|MaguS|
01-15-07, 11:30 PM
I have yet to complete Episode 1...

john19055
01-16-07, 04:17 AM
It is worth $10 for a FPS.I have been wondering about Sin Episode 2,I thought it would be out by now,as for as that goes I thought HL2 episode2 would also be out by now.