PDA

View Full Version : PC vs. gaming console

Pages : [1] 2

Kain
03-07-03, 07:36 AM
Which do you think is the better gaming platform?

Smokey
03-07-03, 08:04 AM
LOL you didnt even vote in your own poll :spank:

Anyways I'm all fpr pc gaming, dont really like consoles much anymore. With pcs I find that you have better control over your control config, higher res, better textures, MODs for games add alot to games also, plus the fact that I play FPS the most, they are better played on the PC IMO.

sytaylor
03-07-03, 08:07 AM
I went for console, simply because theres more than one console out there.. there is simply no comparison to pick up and play games like virtua tennis, full length rpg's like shenmue. They lack eye candy and truley good fps' and MMORPG's but that doesnt sway me.

The PC is the far better entertainment device though, no doubt about it

|JuiceZ|
03-07-03, 08:10 AM
Although I prefer and thoroughly enjoy pc gaming, consoles are the utimate gaming platform because its closed box technology built just for that, gaming.

Kain
03-07-03, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
LOL you didnt even vote in your own poll :spank: I didn't vote because I am not sure.

saturnotaku
03-07-03, 09:33 AM
I won't answer that question because I own and game on both platforms. Each one has games I enjoy playing very much. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

nin_fragile14
03-07-03, 02:44 PM
PC. I have tried buying all the consoles, but I find myself coming back to PC again and again, while the systems just collect dust.

Kain
03-07-03, 03:52 PM
Okay, I voted for PC.

Edge
03-07-03, 04:21 PM
Hmm, 50/50 so far...well we're an indecisive group :)

I went for Console, since it's a bit more affordable and it's nice to be able to pop in a game and just play it. Though PCs have a very wide variety of games, and Online PC is the best (though Xbox Live is fairly nice). Oh, and I think that 2 MMORPGs on Consoles are coming out later this year (FFXI and True Fantasy Online)

styles-T
03-07-03, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
PC. I have tried buying all the consoles, but I find myself coming back to PC again and again, while the systems just collect dust.

Same reason..I voted for PC..My PS2 is collecting dust..

nice avatar fragile..

Smokey
03-07-03, 07:22 PM
It really comes down to the games you like, and on this, we are all different.

I started out on the Atari, then Commadore64. The first real pc games I played were, Golf, Test Drive, Lesuier Suit Larry, 3D Wolfie, Captain Keen and some others. At the same time played the big N's first console. Later the SNES, I used to love Mario games ;) then it was the MegaDriveII loved MK 1&2. Got my first PC about 5years ago, and since then havent really liked consoles, although I did play Quake2 on the Saturn ;) and some other games, on the Dreamcast and XBox, I much prefer the pc for gaming.

Edge
03-08-03, 12:39 AM
although I did play Quake2 on the Saturn

Dear god man, what interdimentional portal did you go through? Heh, I think your thinking of Quake 1, Saturn was dead by the time Quake 2 was out (I think...). Oh, has anyone played that "unofficial" quake 1 port on Dreamcast? Quite a nice conversion considering it was done by a few people who did it...well...for the fun of it. Now if only the netcode worked...

vampireuk
03-08-03, 04:14 AM
The PC, granted the X-Box rocks but I am just playing PC ports on the Box so that doesnt really count:D

I love fps and strategy games like Shogun, consoles just cannot compete.

Smokey
03-08-03, 07:17 AM
forget my post it may have been Quake1, way too much Jack Daniels over the years, have had a big effect on my memory :retard:

Chalnoth
03-08-03, 07:58 AM
I generally prefer PC games, particularly RPG's.

One of the greatest things about PC games that consoles will likely never have: addons.

Domy
03-08-03, 08:09 AM
pc all the way brother!especially 4 da FPS (mouse+kboard combo)

Phyre
03-08-03, 09:37 AM
I prefer PC over console anyday. Whenever I see a console game, I shudder at the resolution and aliasing. Community addons are a plus for PC games too. By addons, I mean maps, skins, sounds, etc. I don't know how or if that will be able to be accomplished on a console. And, I much more prefer mouse and keyboard over a gamepad.

Phyre

Nutty
03-08-03, 11:21 AM
One of the greatest things about PC games that consoles will likely never have: addons.

So what do you call that level addon for splinter cell on the xbox?

Console with hard-drive + online = add ons.

DrFx
03-08-03, 12:17 PM
Pc all the way for me to..I have a chipped PS2 but all games sucks, I cant stand the terrible display , low res, textures and so verry blurry and my brother has a Xbox and it's even worse..I had a Xbox before but I ****ing hate that piese of ****..Xbox is nothing then a very old Pc..only game's I play on my Ps2 is plattformer's and that's all..Pc on the other hand is to good to be true hehe..I looooove Pc...

Chalnoth
03-08-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Nutty

User-created?

Edge
03-09-03, 05:14 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nutty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User-created?

Have you seen the emulators and other software for the Xbox? A lot of it is quite impressive. Oh, and I remember people making mods for the Dreamcast version of Quake 1, so I'm kinda assuming that Xbox with it's Harddrive will be an even bigger mod platform. Of course, they'll have to figure out how to mod the games without a mod chip first...

Kruno
03-09-03, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Phyre
I prefer PC over console anyday. Whenever I see a console game, I shudder at the resolution and aliasing. Community addons are a plus for PC games too. By addons, I mean maps, skins, sounds, etc. I don't know how or if that will be able to be accomplished on a console. And, I much more prefer mouse and keyboard over a gamepad.

Phyre

You left out total conversions. :p

silence
03-09-03, 06:22 AM
PC games.....consoles can be fun,but PC gaming rules.
and since i like FPS and i am used on mouse to control movement i don't really see myself going for console any time soon.

mwat
03-09-03, 01:22 PM
I don't believe that the user addons for the consoles are legal for licensing reasons. Splinter Cell was an in-house addon. I may be wrong but they don't release SDK's for any console at the moment. That's why PC addons/mods are so great, they're by your peers/community that you are involved in. Atleast that's my take on it. It's PC for me, since I haven't owned a console for some time now.

Cheers.

ReDeeMeR
03-12-03, 09:19 PM
Even though I like couple console games, those are just minority not even worth bothering, plus to little time to play on both systems and I'm soon going 19yrs, so playing with gamepads in your living room @ this age makes you look retarded :p