PDA

View Full Version : Alot of problems with EVGA 680i

Amato
01-07-07, 12:29 AM
Hello all, i am desperate atm with all the problems i am having. It's realy driving me nuts i bin awake till 6am in the morning to search the net, look in the bios or try to figure out why it doesn't work...

I recently upgraded my PC to a

EVGA 680i SLI
Corsair DDR2 PC6400 Dominator
EVGA 8800 GTX

Drivers used
- Nforce 680i 9.53
- Nvidia 97.44
- BIOS p23

My biggest problems are the following, Onboard sound isn't there/doesn't work
it's like its not on the motherboard at all, did i mabye need to connect something? I installed the Audio drivers from the CD as the Audio drivers on the website couldn't be installed as they where somehow not supported in some way.

My second problem is that i can't get a network connection (internet works fine) but somehow i can't create a network or connection.

These 2 are the problems that are driving me nuts as Overclocking works great its VERY stable. but thats it

Alot of reading, if you did read i thank you.
And if you are able to help that would realy be great

Thanks.

ViN86
01-07-07, 11:47 AM
you check your BIOS to make sure the features didnt get disabled? you could also try disabling them (if they are already enabled) then enabling them again. could force windows to re-recognize them and fix your problem.

taliesinangelus
01-16-07, 04:09 PM
I saw someone on the eVGA boards say (if I recall correctly) that there is a Windows update for the HD audio that should make it appear. Worth a check there.

Edit: Also see this thread:
http://evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24373

Stoneyguy
01-16-07, 04:37 PM
P24 is out now. Maybe that will aid in some of your woes.

TonyM16
01-16-07, 05:43 PM
Hello all, i am desperate atm with all the problems i am having. It's realy driving me nuts i bin awake till 6am in the morning to search the net, look in the bios or try to figure out why it doesn't work...

I recently upgraded my PC to a

EVGA 680i SLI
Corsair DDR2 PC6400 Dominator
EVGA 8800 GTX

Drivers used
- Nforce 680i 9.53
- Nvidia 97.44
- BIOS p23

My biggest problems are the following, Onboard sound isn't there/doesn't work
it's like its not on the motherboard at all, did i mabye need to connect something? I installed the Audio drivers from the CD as the Audio drivers on the website couldn't be installed as they where somehow not supported in some way.

My second problem is that i can't get a network connection (internet works fine) but somehow i can't create a network or connection.

These 2 are the problems that are driving me nuts as Overclocking works great its VERY stable. but thats it

Alot of reading, if you did read i thank you.
And if you are able to help that would realy be great

Thanks.

lol. Don't worry I can help you out . The sound drivers you downloaded on the net are vista drivers , they are for the vista OS. Use the ones on your cd only. Next , the HD AUDIO uses jack sensing technology. This means to get sound you need to tell the driver what you plugged in and where. SO reboot your PC with no speakers plugged. Then once booted up plug in the speaker/headphones. Make suer you do this with the Realtek driver panel open. If you done this rigjht, a little box will popup asking you what you plugged in. Tell it what you plugged in. Then setup what speaker config you have and test the sound using the demo in the driver panel. Done.

Also while you are installing the drivers there will come up a windows driver update thing. Make sure you do what it says or the installation may not be fully complete. There is no need for any windows internet update. All the stuff you need is on the cd and in SP2.

I don't understand what you mean by not being able to create a network connection? DO you mean you can't connect to your home network or you want to create a home network so that you can conect PC's together and share files? Or do you mean you can't get wirless internet? Not sure if I can help you with this, but I have to assume that it's fixable.

Bigform
10-29-07, 02:01 PM
i have the same problem

except i had vista and everything working perfectly for about 1-2 months now and i shutdown my computer with everything working perfectly and i come back and i am no longer connected to my network and i have no sound.

Winamp and Itunes don't even play my music.

i reinstalled audio drivers looked for any stupid problems and still am lost

plz help

thnx

Bigform
10-29-07, 09:54 PM
Also videos don't work

nekrosoft13
10-30-07, 10:43 AM
how vidoes not playing can be motherboard issue. Sounds like all your problems are software based.