PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem -- Don't know what it is

GuOD
01-07-07, 10:55 AM
Well, my computer has been running about a week and now there's some hardware problem. All items are at stock speeds. Not sure if it's a video card or what.

I first noticed that once a day or so, the screen would flash black for a split second, then back to regular windows. I figured it was a driver issue with 8800s.

Then, when I went to sleep last night the computer was fine, but when I woke up today it was a black screen and I had to power it off.

Anyway, after rebooting I was having problems with it locking up. It would do it randomly. I ran prime95x2 for a few minutes and no problems. I opened an msn message and froze.

Now, I'm having trouble posting. It sees the CPU and the RAM, and then freezes before the IDE detection routine. When I look at the code it's 67 ... ACPI (whatever that is) and it freezes there.

8800 Problem? Is the mobo busted? Ram? Could a bad HDD cause this? I am still able to boot up sometimes but it freezes.

ivanmoe
01-07-07, 03:56 PM
Your sig says that your memory is @1142mhz; did you try slowing it down?

GuOD
01-07-07, 04:29 PM
Your sig says that your memory is @1142mhz; did you try slowing it down?

Ah, that is the stock settings for the memory.

It's actually running @ 800mhz (what the mobo detects as default I guess) and like 5-5-5-18 or something.

I just discovered one of the sticks is bad though.

This thread can be closed/deleted