PDA

View Full Version : For those with HDDVD/Blu Ray Players: What are you doing with your old DVDs?

1337_Like_ThaT
01-07-07, 12:58 PM
Just curious to know what many of you are doing with your old DVD movies. Of course I know many are not yet released on High Definition, but when they are released, or currently already are released in HD, do you sell them, trade them, ebay them, give them away? etc....

I personally am just going to start giving away those titles that I duplicate on HD because I cant afford the room for so many damn movies :)

Marvel_us
01-07-07, 02:17 PM
Eh, between putting them aside and giving some away. The other day a friend of mine wanted to borrow MI: 3 so I ended up just letting her have the DVD since I own it on Blu-Ray.

Ruined
01-07-07, 02:19 PM
A little of everything in your poll.

I have around 50-60 HD DVDs, so I am displacing a lot of DVDs.

Lyme
01-07-07, 03:06 PM
Keeping the old DVDs and just buying ones I don't have on HDDVD.

All the older dvds work in the new players.. and I'm not made of money.

|MaguS|
01-07-07, 03:13 PM
Im keeping alot of my DVD since many still aren't coming to HD-DVD, especially the collectors editions I have... and anime...

Marvel_us
01-07-07, 03:22 PM
Im keeping alot of my DVD since many still aren't coming to HD-DVD, especially the collectors editions I have... and anime...

Speaking of which I just started encoding some of my anime to MPEG-4 to store on my PS3.

Btw, which places can you trade in old DVDs?

|MaguS|
01-07-07, 03:25 PM
Gamestop and EBGames accepts old DVDs for **** of price...

As for my Anime... I couldn't fit all my anime on my PC on my PS3... they don't make single drives large enough, LOL.

OWA
01-07-07, 03:34 PM
When I went from VHS to DVD, I replaced most of my VHS collection but since I had around 1500 VHS tapes, it was pretty expensive. I still have around 200-300 VHS tapes that I probably won't bother with (just store in a box). I've replaced some of my current DVD collection with blu-ray titles but don't plan to replace the whole collection. I mainly replaced some of the current ones b/c the selection at this point in time isn't the greatest. Anyway, I have way too many DVDs to replace the whole thing with blu-ray or HD-DVD. So, my plan will be to replace my favorite DVDs with a hi-def version and try to get most newer releases in hi-def.

I didn't vote in the poll since I wasn't sure which one was best for me.

LurkerLito
01-07-07, 04:06 PM
I am doing basically what OWA is doing, I am replacing some right now only because the selection is low, but I don't plan on re-buying everything in HD or BR. Mostly I plan on buying new releases only on BR and HD from now on, and a few of my favorites (like LotR) I do plan on rebuying in the new format. But other than that I will most likely keep my DVDs (well till the point in time when I can rebuy even the I don't care so much movies for less than $5.00 in either of the new formats ;)).

evilchris
01-07-07, 04:28 PM
Last count I had 549 DVD's. Keeping all of them, even ones I purchase HD versions of.

betterdan
01-07-07, 04:35 PM
We have over a thousand dvds. Most are horror movies that I doubt will come to HD DVD in a long time. We haven't replaced any dvds with their HD counterparts yet because we have so far just bought HD DVDs of movies we haven't owned yet. When we do start replacing some I will probably give the dvds away.

ViN86
01-07-07, 05:25 PM
wheres the option "keeping them like theyre still the newest technology"

Bad_Boy
01-07-07, 06:16 PM
keeping mine.

Badboy_12345
01-07-07, 11:32 PM
As for my Anime... I couldn't fit all my anime on my PC on my PS3... they don't make single drives large enough, LOL.

http://news.com.com/Here+comes+the+terabyte+hard+drive/2100-1041-6147409.html?part=dht&tag=nl.e703 :D

MustangSVT
01-07-07, 11:43 PM
I haven't sold any just keeping them, will be a long time before they come out to HD-DVD.

I do plan to sell Batman Begins on DVD since I bought the HD-DVD and I might sell the Pitch Black DVD sometime. I can sell them at my dad's work, can probably get $7-$10 for them actually.