PDA

View Full Version : If you have a Buggy EVGA 680i

Roadhog
01-07-07, 07:44 PM
Look here!!! How could they use this much thermal paste?!?!?

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24387

lee63
01-07-07, 07:59 PM
Look here!!! How could they use this much thermal paste?!?!?

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24387
OMG :( Is that sh*t stamped on there with some kind of machine, I just took my mobo out today to replace my HS, I wish I had known earlier.

Absolution
01-07-07, 10:08 PM
Tried that, improved a little bit, still blue screens every 5 minutes; eventually killed windows and needed to repair XP (now a ton of windows updates issues... so ill just install vista)

mullet
01-08-07, 10:48 AM
WOW, I have never seen thermal paste that thick before. They had enough paste on 1 chip to do 20 boards worth.

ONER
01-08-07, 11:38 AM
wow, major paste there. Well it's sux that a bunch of people are having problems with the 680i board. I just put mine together this weekend and had no problems whatsoever. I installed windows in RAID without a problem.

Lazaredz
01-08-07, 03:19 PM
Yeah I noticed that when I got my board. I ALWAYS pull the NB/SB and repaste once I'm sure it isn't DOA.

Xion X2
01-08-07, 04:44 PM
Mine had all that crap on it, too, but after cleaning it up it didn't make much difference. Maybe 2C in the temps; the stupid southbridge on that mobo still overheats like a motha. It eventually fried the board because it ran so hot.

Lazaredz
01-08-07, 05:20 PM
Mine had all that crap on it, too, but after cleaning it up it didn't make much difference. Maybe 2C in the temps; the stupid southbridge on that mobo still overheats like a motha. It eventually fried the board because it ran so hot.

Bummer. I still have people over at the Danger Den forums telling me that the SB/MCP "doesn't need water cooling" and that doing so "is needlessly adding more heat and pressure to my system".

Yeah, I'll just take my MCP at 40C and go home, thx.

:)

DasFox
01-09-07, 01:02 AM
Ok where's that RussianHaxor, this is evga chat my boy, LOL :D