PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia demoing Dx10 games at CES07

tornadog
01-08-07, 10:35 AM
Just read the article on the front page that says Nvidia is demoing Directx10 games on Vista using its 8800 series cards. Now I wonder what drivers will they be using for the demo???

PeterJensen
01-08-07, 11:12 AM
Just read the article on the front page that says Nvidia is demoing Directx10 games on Vista using its 8800 series cards. Now I wonder what drivers will they be using for the demo???

We need a NINJA @ CES to steal and LEAK the damn drivers :p

PeterJensen
01-08-07, 11:13 AM
And where do you se that news?

Vyper
01-08-07, 11:56 AM
And where do you se that news?

How about here:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/events.html

and here

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070108/nym071.html?.v=66

OWA
01-08-07, 12:21 PM
Quote below...

The DirectX 10 API (application programming interface) in Windows Vista is built from the ground up to provide gamers with a rich and incredibly detailed graphic experience. Consumers can see this technology in action in the Games for Windows booth at CES with the NVIDIA GeForce 8800, the first DirectX 10- enabled discrete video card to hit the market, powering demos of "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures" (Eidos Interactive/Funcom) and "Crysis" (EA Partners/Crytek). DirectX 10 utilizes the new Windows Vista Display Driver Model and Shader Model 4.0, giving developers the tools to bring amazing game environments to life and maximize the power of the latest video card technology.

icecold1983
01-08-07, 06:09 PM
its funny that they are using conan to show off dx 10 cuz that game looks f'n terrible

Cyant
01-08-07, 06:32 PM
So it's obvious that those who said the new drivers were probably not ready because DX10 + new hardware was starting from scratch were wrong, and that Nvidia is just holding on on us and not releasing the Vista drivers because they have no competition.

queth
01-08-07, 07:51 PM
theres no proof its a dx10 path.

Q
01-08-07, 07:55 PM
So it's obvious that those who said the new drivers were probably not ready because DX10 + new hardware was starting from scratch were wrong, and that Nvidia is just holding on on us and not releasing the Vista drivers because they have no competition.
I'm not usually one to fall for conspiracy theories, but I would bet $100 that if the R600 was out in November that we would have gotten Vista drivers on November 30th for the 8800 series. Competition is a beautiful thing.

Dazz
01-08-07, 08:06 PM
Are nVidia slagging us off my tauting us that they have Vista drivers but instead have us use Generic drivers?

Slammin
01-08-07, 08:07 PM
Yes, but what good would a set of specially optimized drivers do for the masses? Those drivers they are using at CES would probably be terrible for everyday use for the masses. Just my guess, and with the reaction of the crowd here so far, releasing drivers that only work for games that are not out yet would result in even more <insert name of loud, irritating noise here>.

Dazz
01-08-07, 08:13 PM
I would be happy just to play a DVD and run at my native LCD rez or something for the time being, is that so much to ask for?

RussianHAXOR
01-08-07, 08:18 PM
I just wanna see DX10 in action!

SH0DAN
01-08-07, 09:06 PM
I just wanna see DX10 in action!

Me too !!!! :D

Who of the online sites will be doing footage of CES with pics and vids ??

Slammin
01-08-07, 10:17 PM
I would be happy just to play a DVD and run at my native LCD rez or something for the time being, is that so much to ask for?

Well, for the time being, you could always use XP.

Trust me, I really do know what it's like to be in your situation, I love my toys, but I also deal with reality pretty well.

Sure, I know danged well that you are most likely dual booting, or maybe have another rig that you can play your DVD's on, and are really just trying to make a statement, but also realize that you are beating a dead horse at this point.

There are a lot more reasons nVidia does not have a driver for you at this moment, than reasons they should.

And the thought that nvidia's existence hinges on DAY 1 support for a new OS is absurd, and further comparisons to lessor technologies (Ati at the moment) is pretty rad too.

Really, I may get banned again, but this really is getting way out of hand.

I am not a fanboi, though I do love Sli, and nVidia has been a very good bet for me because this is the longest ever that I have not needed to ugrade my video, and though I did pay a premium and did have to suffer a few growing pains, both for being an early adopter, in the end, it was worth it. I bought these cards well over two years ago! I've never had a vid card over a year before this.

Have patience man. I will have an 8800GTX in a couple of weeks or so (maybe two) and will be in the same boat as you, but I am looking forward to all the good I've heard so far, more than the bad.

Dazz
01-09-07, 12:13 PM
Yeah i am dual booting of course, thank god otherwise i would be well screwed as i can't get it to do the native rez and the squashed text wrecks my eyes.