PDA

View Full Version : Weird

-K-
01-08-07, 11:43 AM
Hi, I was just running video stress test for CSS. I found out that my test is better using a single card compared to SLI. Any ideas?

Intel C2D X6800
2GB Corsair Ram
XFX 8800GTX SLi
eVGA nForce 680i Motherboard

XFX Support
01-10-07, 11:44 AM
Have you tried any other benchmarks other then CSS? I would try 3dmark06 from www.futuremark.com and see if you have the same result. Also what is your power supply wattage and 12v amps? If its not enought to power two 8800GTX's then it will lower the performance. Also what drivers are you using? Let us know.

XFX Support

|MaguS|
01-10-07, 11:51 AM
Have you tried any other benchmarks other then CSS? I would try 3dmark06 from www.futuremark.com and see if you have the same result. Also what is your power supply wattage and 12v amps? If its not enought to power two 8800GTX's then it will lower the performance. Also what drivers are you using? Let us know.

XFX Support

Isn't there also a bug with some drivers and the Source Engine when it comes to SLi?

-K-
01-10-07, 01:51 PM

XFX Support

Hello, my 3D Mark 2006 shows a normal score for SLi 8800GTX. I think the problem with Source engine games is that they are rather CPU intensive? And I havent really been bothered to OC my cpu, I will OC my cpu and see what the result is.

I am using the ETASIS ET-850W which is SLI recommended by Nvidia for 8800GTX. Driver = 97.92

bigjohns97
01-10-07, 02:03 PM
What kind of ram do you have?

ViN86
01-10-07, 03:08 PM
Hi, I was just running video stress test for CSS. I found out that my test is better using a single card compared to SLI. Any ideas?

Intel C2D X6800
2GB Corsair Ram
XFX 8800GTX SLi
eVGA nForce 680i Motherboard
crank up the resolution to as high as you can, turn the AA to as high as possible, and turn your AF to as high as possible. then you might see a difference.

tbh, source is going to be CPU limited for you. so, there is some overhead that occurs when you run SLi so you get a lower framerate for SLi than you do single card. however, when you bump the settings up, the GPU limit comes into play and you get higher framerates because the over head is no longer the bottleneck.