PDA

View Full Version : Games you spent the most amount of time playing.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ynnek
01-08-07, 05:01 PM
So what games have you spent the most amount of time playing? Original campaign, over and over again, various mods, online etc.. I would say, at least a couple of hundred, if not 1000's of hours.

For me:

Quake 2 - I lost a solid year of my life between the original campaign, CTF, DM, Arena, etc etc. That game almost ruined me. I took a break from gaming for a while..

A close second would probably be Descent 1, in the past.. using Kali for IPX tunneling over TCP/IP dialup! Then MUDs and MUCKs and their varients..

Other games that took a big chunks of my time, but not as much as Q2 did: Q1, Q4, the Doom's (especially Doom 2 mods), UT2k4, NeverwinterNights, X3 Reunion, F1 varients, GTR, GRAW. I still play NWN1 actually, for custom modules.. Oh yea, Sims.. Oh, and can't forget the Wing Commanders 1 + 2, expansion packs, and especially Privateer. And the only console game that took a significant amount of time: Grand Turismo 3.

As you can see, I avoid playing MMORPG.. Before all that, I used to play in MUDs and MUCK's.. if I had a more stable internet access back then, I probably would have played even more. I tried Eve Online, like 2 months solid, but I made myself quit.. heh.

I usually finish my other games at least once.. but usually stop playing them afterwards.. and there are some weeks/months I take a break from playing to do other stuff outside of gaming.

Only game I'm really playing now is a custom single player module in NWN1... But I put that game down for a bit(usually after I finish a module).. the pick it back up again.. NWN1 might be the longest, just over time, of a game I still play since its original release.

What I find helped was only buying 1 game at a time...

I know some of you are pretty bad with your MMORPG's.. :) Fess up :)

UDawg
01-08-07, 05:13 PM
Forsaken
TFC
BF1942
BF DC
WoW
BF2
BF2142
WoW
WoW
WoW
WoW
WoW
WoW
WoW
WoW

Out of those I had the most fun with Forsaken and then FTC & Battlefield 1942. I spent the most amount of time playing WoW.

evilchris
01-08-07, 05:16 PM
EQ1

OWA
01-08-07, 05:17 PM
Doom 3 for me.

grey_1
01-08-07, 05:31 PM
Doom 3 here too.
CoD2
FEAR + XP

SH64
01-08-07, 05:31 PM
Morrowind : game itself has alot of stuff + expansions
Oblivion : same as above + mods
FarCry : played it like 4 times & tried some different mods. the game is still fun!

ynnek
01-08-07, 05:36 PM
Forsaken. I bought that game over the summer a lonng time ago, but never got around playing it since I was away most of the summer.. I think I have the box somewhere.

What Doom 3 mods did you all play? Only one I played were the Last Man Standing multiplayer mods.. Are there any good single player maps? I should probably pick up the expansion pack for cheap, since I never got aorund playing that either.

I listened to my co-workers babble about Morrowind for ages!! I felt like I already played it listening to their convo's over the walls. One of them didn't feel like playing Oblivion, because he said he spent wayy to much time with Morrowind.. lol

Another one of my coworkers silently completely finished 100% of Oblivion and all the add ons.. One day, I just aked him about it, and he was like, "i finished it".. Finished? "All of it. 100% of whats possible, and all the official addon's... it took me way too much time but I did it, and thats that." lol

And EQ, and now WoW.. I've seen some really really hardcore people irl in that game (or whats left of their real life).. and thats enough to scare me off.. Cause I can totally imagine myself falling into that trap ;)

Roliath
01-08-07, 05:54 PM
omg, WoW

CaptNKILL
01-08-07, 06:30 PM
Just a few off the top of my head...

Doom
Shadowrun for SNES and Genesis (beat both of them many many times, played them many many many more times)
C&C: Red Alert
Quake 2
TFC
Firearms (HL mod)
Day of Defeat
Desert Combat (BF1942 mod)
Daggerfall
Morrowind
Deus Ex
Quake 3 Arena

Aphot
01-08-07, 06:34 PM
believe it or not, Grand Theft Auto Vice City for PS2, I had about 250 hours in that game, GT3 would be up there as well, along with BF2142 and COD2.

betterdan
01-08-07, 06:34 PM
Pac Man (original arcade)
Asteroids (atari)
Super Mario Brothers (nintendo)

crainger
01-08-07, 06:35 PM
Oblivion
Saint's Row
The Sims 2
BF 1942
Transport Tycoon
GTA 2

SH64
01-08-07, 06:40 PM
Saint's Row

A little OT .. is Saint's Row out for/coming to PC ?

crainger
01-08-07, 06:54 PM
A little OT .. is Saint's Row out for/coming to PC ?

Not that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if it does though. The developer and publisher have done PC games in the past and porting 360 games to the PC is easy. Just ask Ubisoft :)

J-Mag
01-08-07, 06:56 PM
Out of those I had the most fun with Forsaken and then FTC & Battlefield 1942.

FTC? You thinking about the federal trade commission while gaming again?

For me :

Quake2 (first year off of 28k onto T1 in the dorms)
EQ1 (3rd year sophomore, FTW! )

Now that I am older I tend to play a game for less than 20 hours before becoming bored (although BF2 was an exception).

SH64
01-08-07, 06:57 PM
The developer and publisher have done PC games in the past and porting 360 games to the PC is easy. Just ask Ubisoft :)
If this means Vegas & SCDA's porting then NO! :o

stevemedes
01-08-07, 07:00 PM
Counter-Strike, original and source. Been addicted since Beta1.
Close runner ups:
Goldeneye 007 for N64
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Kight

crainger
01-08-07, 07:03 PM
If this means Vegas & SCDA's porting then NO! :o

Might be a chance to iron out the bugs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9l_YN-yRCVY

Then again, thanks to Live and the 360's ability to download patches it's not so bad anymore.

|MaguS|
01-08-07, 07:05 PM
Everquest, I have spent about 5 years of my life playing it... over a year of actual playtime recorded in the game...

Saibot
01-08-07, 07:35 PM
UT2004 easily. I just checked my stats and have logged well over 1100 hours playing that game. Bring on UT2007!

Bman212121
01-08-07, 07:41 PM
believe it or not, Grand Theft Auto Vice City for PS2, I had about 250 hours in that game, GT3 would be up there as well, along with BF2142 and COD2.

QFT. I can steal your list as they all apply to mine. (Better change BF2142 to just BF2 though.) The only ones I would add are UT2003, C&C: Red Alert, Gran Turismo 1 & 3. I stopped playing GT3 once I hit about 92% completition, and the only things left were the multi hour courses with crappy cars I don't like. The longest race I did was 3 1/2 hours.

ynnek
01-08-07, 08:06 PM
QFT. I can steal your list as they all apply to mine. (Better change BF2142 to just BF2 though.) The only ones I would add are UT2003, C&C: Red Alert, Gran Turismo 1 & 3. I stopped playing GT3 once I hit about 92% completition, and the only things left were the multi hour courses with crappy cars I don't like. The longest race I did was 3 1/2 hours.

Yea.. I did a few of those endurance races in GT3.. The AI had no pitstop stratagy.. They'd mindlessly run their tires down, then pit in so often.. They were doing like 2-3x more pit stops than I was doing.. Because of that, I'd win them by a huge amount, without even trying that hard..

Bman212121
01-08-07, 08:10 PM
Yea.. I did a few of those endurance races in GT3.. The AI had no pitstop stratagy.. They'd mindlessly run their tires down, then pit in so often.. They were doing like 2-3x more pit stops than I was doing.. Because of that, I'd win them by a huge amount, without even trying that hard..

The ones I did were in an Fantasy (Indy) car, so it wasn't like I really had to try either. I bet I won a few by 15 - 20 laps.

nV`andrew
01-08-07, 09:39 PM
BF2
CSS
BF2142
Oblivion
Maplestory *cough*
all of the Grand Theft Auto games

blurp
01-08-07, 09:46 PM
Neverwinter Nights 1