PDA

View Full Version : First E4300 review.... :D

SH0DAN
01-09-07, 03:18 AM
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-e4300.html

Looks darn good.... :)

grey_1
01-09-07, 04:39 AM
Intels going to make it possible for even poor people like me to upgrade. :D That thing is sweet, and 3.42 no less!

CaptNKILL
01-09-07, 07:36 AM
Looks good. I wish they would have provided more benchmarks though.

I know I'll be going with a core 2 eventually, but I'm still not sure if I want to spend more and get a little more performance, or just go super cheap and get a smoking deal on the lowest chip and then crank the speed way up (I love doing this). My current CPU is no slouch, but the CPU limitations in games are really annoying, simply because you can't do ANYTHING about them.

SH0DAN
01-09-07, 02:18 PM
This thing is the next 300A/1.6A.It'll be cheap on launch,and will be much cheaper in the very near future.No need for pricy ram,ddr2 667 will
do just fine,or low end ddr2 800.As well,mobo's that cant do over 450/500 are not needed to get a killer oc.

Edit:

It looks like my email got through to MikeC last night/but not Kyle,as its on the frontpage of NVNews but not HardOCP....

a12ctic
01-09-07, 05:58 PM
Besides the two games, we ran two benchmarks based on the Valve Source engine that is expected to be used in the upcoming Half-Life 3 .

WHAT?! Is this a typo or what? When can we expect half life 3?

SlieTheSecond
01-09-07, 07:03 PM

Ya I thought the episodes where the "Half Life 3"

Q
01-09-07, 07:04 PM

I was enjoying the review until I read that. At that point, the site lost all credibility to me.

Dudes__Geof_
01-09-07, 11:28 PM
The first episode is Half-Life 2, Maybe episode 2 will be Half-Life 3 Episode 2...

The processor looks amazing to me. It's the processor I'd buy if I was to get a core 2 duo really soon.

FlakMagnet
01-11-07, 07:46 AM
Valve have released a couple of benchmark apps. that use their new 'multi-core' engine. The benchmark results shown by the article are from those benchmarks.

This multi-core technology will more than likely be included in the next Half-Life game, and it's also safe to assume that that game will be called Half-Life 3.

However, as far as I have read, there is no Half-Life 3 under development yet. I guess they are all still working on Episode 2, which also includes the new multi-core engine.

Hope that clears things up a little :)

SlieTheSecond
01-11-07, 12:33 PM
Well if I remember correctly what I read in the past. The Episodes are half life 3. Instead of spending another 10 years to make a new game, they are just making small installments instead.

So instead of a Half Life 3 taking as long as half life 2 did. A Half Life 3 is really the episodes.

mullet
01-11-07, 01:39 PM
WOW just wow, I feel really bad for AMD they have no damn chance.

Maverickman
01-14-07, 07:34 PM
The E4300 definitely looks line another Celeron 300MHz. You can get a CPU for such a low cost that can be overclocked to insane levels.

a12ctic
01-14-07, 07:38 PM
WOW just wow, I feel really bad for AMD they have no damn chance.
ROFL, despite their a generation behind and still have the super low (semprons/low end X2s) market. Yeah, absolutely no chance. (nana2). Just because intel chips are 15-20% faster [in some situations], amd is hardly in any trouble. Not to mention that the amd chips are quite a bit more cost efficient (to produce) and not completely cache dependent.

A101Sugar
01-15-07, 12:15 AM
hmm....

I think I will just stick with my E6300 from my Retail Edge bundle...

mullet
01-15-07, 11:14 AM
ROFL, despite their a generation behind and still have the super low (semprons/low end X2s) market. Yeah, absolutely no chance. (nana2). Just because intel chips are 15-20% faster [in some situations], amd is hardly in any trouble. Not to mention that the amd chips are quite a bit more cost efficient (to produce) and not completely cache dependent.

Either your blind, don't research at all or your one of those guys thats" don't confuse me with the facts my mind is made up".

Intel is making chips so cheap now, why would anyone want to go with AMD? I have never used Intel in my life and Im buying INTEL, why because there cheaper, faster, longer life socket, more overclockable. Then comes quad core and 45nm come on man your looking foolish at this point.

Mr_LoL
01-15-07, 01:13 PM
This thing is only 5 cheaper than the E6300 on preorder here in the uk. I was hoping for it to be under 100.

CaptNKILL
01-15-07, 04:53 PM
This thing is only 5 cheaper than the E6300 on preorder here in the uk. I was hoping for it to be under 100.
Yeah, it overclocks great but I'm not seeing any reason to buy it. Its slower clock for clock than the other Core2 CPUs and it isnt much cheaper.

SH0DAN
01-15-07, 07:01 PM
Give it a few weeks,its called price gouging,as the retailers know its a gem...