PDA

View Full Version : 7600 driver install trouble

Jason8598
01-10-07, 10:41 AM
I received a XFX 7600 GT XXX edition video card for Christmas and I am having issues loading the drivers. I downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia and ran the install. I get the message that drivers are installed and that I need to reboot. When I reboot and go into the device manager, under display drivers I get the yellow exclamation. It says that the drivers are not installed. I try to reinstall through the wizard and when it tries loading I get an error message of "there is not enough storage to process this command". I have over 100GB of hard drive available, I have 1.5GB of memory, and I am about 99% sure I cleared out all my temp folders. The previous video card was integrated with the motherboard. I tried using the driver cleaner to remove any ATI drivers but I am not 100% sure which to select as there are several different ones. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get the drivers installed?
Thanks

SlieTheSecond
01-10-07, 12:12 PM
Did you disable the onboard video?

Jason8598
01-10-07, 12:34 PM
I disabled it, atleast I think so, within the device manager. I have also tried different combinations of enabled/disabled settings within the BIOS. I am connected to the card now and have an image but it is basically running like a regular VGA card with no acceleration, very choppy image when I scroll down the page. Would a wrong setting in the BIOS cause a problem with storage for loading the drivers?

boow
01-11-07, 03:32 PM
if you've got alot of crap on your pc reformat but backup your data you want to keep. You might see if there's a bio's update and chipset drivers for your mb.

XFX Support
01-12-07, 10:42 AM
When you go into device manager, does it show that the onboard video is disabled? What operating system are you using? Have you tried a different version driver?

XFX Support

Jason8598
01-12-07, 06:11 PM
When you go into device manager, does it show that the onboard video is disabled? What operating system are you using? Have you tried a different version driver?

XFX Support
The only thing under Display Adapters is "VGA Controller (VGA Compatible)" There is an unknown device under system devices that has to do with Logitech Virtual Bus Enumerator. Everything else is running properly. Running Windows XP home edition. I originally tried the 91.xx drivers that came on the CD with the card and had the same problem. When I talked to XFX tech support, he had me try the 93.71 drivers with the same results. Another thing to note, in my BIOS under the video config, I have three options. Auto, PCIE card, and ext GFX.

Jason8598
01-14-07, 08:18 AM
Good news, I finally got it working. Ended up having to do a complete system recovery and then install the card. Works great now.