PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing on your new Geforce FX?

Pages : [1] 2

emailthatguy
03-08-03, 12:31 AM
just curious to know what people are playing and what their experiences are w/ different games.

jAkUp
03-08-03, 12:46 AM
so far i have played...

splinter cell>> all visuals high, 1600x1200 40fps
ut 2003>> havent tried much
raven shield>> all maxed 45fps average
rallysport challenge>>> all maxed 25-30fps average:(
nba live 2003>>> all maxed 40 fps average...
thats it for now.. about to try some nascar 2003 and hitman2

sebazve
03-09-03, 08:26 PM
what geforcefx???:D :D :p

SavagePaladin
03-17-03, 05:53 PM
jAk:
you've got a GFFX and still haven't dropped the SB Live? Pain.

nin_fragile14
03-17-03, 06:47 PM
There's probably about 2 people on this board that have the FX. I'm playing Splinter Cell and Rallisport on the 9700.

SavagePaladin
03-17-03, 07:14 PM
So what? What's that have to do with the thread?
I'd have an FX if I could afford one.

mebbe a 5600 later.

nin_fragile14
03-17-03, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
So what? What's that have to do with the thread?
I'd have an FX if I could afford one.

mebbe a 5600 later.

Well I figured the thread wouldn't go anywhere if only people with FX's were to post. :o

jAkUp
03-17-03, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
jAk:
you've got a GFFX and still haven't dropped the SB Live? Pain.

lol yea.... ****in creative and their ****ty drivers... i really want an audigy 2... that might be my next purchase... well... after a cdrw:D the soundblaster live only cost me 30 bucks:afro:

The Baron
03-17-03, 08:16 PM
*gets out his pendulum*

M-Audio Revolution.... M-Audio Revoluuuuuution...

Smokey
03-17-03, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
*gets out his pendulum*

M-Audio Revolution.... M-Audio Revoluuuuuution...

Not that great if your a gamer, everything for games is done in software not hardware :p

Audigy2 is a great card, cant beat it for games, and its great for music and dvds also! The M-Audio is more of a music/dvds first, games if you must, sound card.

jAkUp, I dont know whats up with your SBLive drivers, Im using the latest SBLive drivers of thier site, I was using the Audigy2 drivers, but lost them when I formatted, and havent had any problems at all. Ordered myself an Audigy2 two weeks ago, and it still hasnt turned up :mad:

Anyway, back on topic, any chance you could take some more screenshots with your GF-FX, maybe some of Ravenshield at a resolution of at least 1280*1024, 2xAA 4xAF, with the FPS enabled, type FPS in the console. If you could email the bmp's I would be most happy :) Also some Splintercell would be great also :p

email me at jmoore@club-internet.fr

tnx in advance

jAkUp
03-17-03, 09:46 PM
i used to use the audigy hacked drivers too! but i formated and forgot how to work them again..lol so i used the latest ones off creatives site... they are decent... except the popping noises in games like unreal2 is kinda annoying, but the audigy2 drivers were much better imo

ok ill be sure to... as for raven shield i only have the multiplayer demo... i think its an awesome game though... i really wanna pick that one up, but i will send some screenies to you. i usually run raven shield at 1600x1200 though... also i picked up unreal2... another pretty nice game

The Baron
03-17-03, 09:52 PM
Not that great if your a gamer, everything for games is done in software not hardware

That's kinda the point I'm making... Creative has the WORST SOFTWARE EVER ;)

jAkUp
03-17-03, 11:23 PM
check your email smoke

SavagePaladin
03-18-03, 02:01 AM
Well, when/if theres a 3gio nVidia sound card I foresee a lot of converts. Heh heh.

Smokey
03-18-03, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
That's kinda the point I'm making... Creative has the WORST SOFTWARE EVER ;)

Sorry I miss your point :D The M-Audio Revo doesnt support games in hardware, as for Creative making crap software...I dont know, I never install anything more than the drivers ;)

From what I have been reading though, Creatives software is getting much much better, a bit like ATIs drivers :p

Thanks jAKUp for the pic, I have to put up with 30 or less FPS in rvs at the mo, so 70+ FPS at 1600*1200 is looking good :)

stncttr908
03-18-03, 07:58 AM
If he's using a 4.1 setup what's the big deal about using a live? Would it really be worth $90 for an audigy2?

emailthatguy
03-18-03, 12:50 PM
i guess it all depends on if he ever ever listens to cd's or mp3s. thats really what it comes down to w/ the audigy issue. the audigy has amazing dynamic range and signal to noise ratio.

but yeah, ill agree, its taken them forever to get their drivers right. unfortunately, as a gamer, its the best we got till someone decides to go toe to toe w/ em in the sound market.

Smokey
03-18-03, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
If he's using a 4.1 setup what's the big deal about using a live? Would it really be worth $90 for an audigy2?

Sorry Im not following, please explain, does it make a difference if he is using a 4.1 setup?

The Live card is what, 5+ years old? Upgrading to the latest is always going to be better, upgrading to the Audigy2, is upgrading to the best gaming sound card there is and has great sound for music and dvds! He has one of the best videocards there is, why not have the best gaming soundcard also :afro:

Mike89
03-19-03, 01:10 PM
The hell with Creative sound cards (I had the SB16, SB Live and Audigy and wasn't that impressed with any of them). I have been using the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz for over a year now and have loved every minute of it.

I know that didn't have anything to do with this thread topic but neither have most the other posts, so what the hell. ;)

Akucaen
03-19-03, 08:11 PM
The Audigy is (finally) a superior product from Creative. At least their drivers are /ok/ for it (mine is giving me some trouble, but it's from the latest drivers...) When I get my Athlon this week, it'll give me a good excuse to format & install the older drivers...

I'm so lazy... lol

(Oh yah, but there IS one SBLive driverset that /WORKS/ for a change (besides the Kx drivers.) I can't tell ya where to find it, cuz I got it from a friend. The set is dated March 3rd 2002. Didn't hiccup on me once. The only reason I abandoned it was because I nearly fried the damn thing when my TV Wonder blew up on me (long story. lol)... It started getting errors on a hardware level.

Creative can make the best products on the market, but they still have problems supporting them, lol.

Lamentation
03-20-03, 09:13 AM
I don't understand paying about 100 for a soundcard when you cold get an nforce2 motherboard with the fancy shamcy sound on it for not much more. Is the audigy really that much better?

DenverBuc
03-20-03, 09:58 AM
LOL - Evolution is an amazing thing - just look how this post evolved from a post about the FX to an Audigy vs Soundblaster Live thread!

Anyway, in the new spirit of this thread, I am using an Audigy 2 card and upgraded from the Soundblaster Live card.

AMAZING difference! Especially in games. No lags on 3d positional audio and EAX is a smooth easy option with very little overhead now whereas EAX used to slow things down in my games considerably.

Definitely worth the upgrade!

jAkUp
03-20-03, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Lamentation
I don't understand paying about 100 for a soundcard when you cold get an nforce2 motherboard with the fancy shamcy sound on it for not much more. Is the audigy really that much better?

not everyone has an amd processor.

Sazar
03-20-03, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
not everyone has an amd processor.

lol... thats a funny :)

good one..

SnakeEyes
03-21-03, 11:32 AM
True dat.

But for the rest of us that do have an AMD processor, the nForce2 is a pretty good alternative, in some cases an even better choice than the Audigy (<-depends on the situation).

For my personal viewpoint, I'm not touching Creative products again. I've had two different Creative sound cards, and had nothing but troubles with them. The worst part was that Creative seems ever willing to charge me for software updates beyond the buggy stuff on the original CD. (example: My first Creative sound card was the original Live!Value- It came with some nice goodies on the CD that I liked playing with / using for editing sounds to include in home videos, but the software was a bit buggy. Later drivers also added new features. Unfortunately for me, in order to get versions of the software that weren't buggy and that included support / used the latest features from the new drivers from Creative, I couldn't download it from their web site. I was forced to pay $10 shipping for a CD. $10 shipping for a CD via UPS ground?!? wtf.. bs. Then there was the fact that the newer EAX2 supporting drivers suddenly caused instability in my system, along with breaking up of the audio during gameplay. EAX1 was vastly inferior, but it was either live with it, or live with crashes.. :rolleyes: )

Uh, anyway. I'm glad some of you are having good luck with your cards. I just won't personally own one again, especially now that I've got something that will actually encode all my 3D sound into DD5.1, eliminating several cables and connections from my setup. :)

And to return to the topic, it'd be great to see some screenshots of some of the games that the whole two of you with the GFFX now are playing. :D