PDA

View Full Version : Raving Rabbids for PC!

|MaguS|
01-11-07, 04:46 PM
Anyone else get it for the PC? I just got it off Direct2Drive and well it wont run... screen flashes and im sitting at my desktop with nothing... Really wanted to see what this game would look like at 1920x1200 but I guess Im stuck with the lowres Wii version right now. :(

BTW It's only 19.99 on Direct2Drive so if it worked it would have been an AWSOME buy...

Q
01-11-07, 04:50 PM
Anyone else get it for the PC? I just got it off Direct2Drive and well it wont run... screen flashes and im sitting at my desktop with nothing... Really wanted to see what this game would look like at 1920x1200 but I guess Im stuck with the lowres Wii version right now. :(

BTW It's only 19.99 on Direct2Drive so if it worked it would have been an AWSOME buy...

Same deal here. Its really, really, really buggy (apparently). I saw it at Best Buy last night when I took back the G5 I bought for $35 that same day. RRR was only $20 there, too. I've been reading that very few people actually have the game running.

I'm pissed, but thought it was related to a 8800 driver issue. But I did notice others without the 8800 were having issues as well...

icecold1983
01-11-07, 04:54 PM
isnt it just a bunch of mini games?

|MaguS|
01-11-07, 04:56 PM
isnt it just a bunch of mini games?

Yeah but its fun as hell and funny...

icecold1983
01-11-07, 05:59 PM
i just cant see dropping money for a game like that

Xion X2
01-11-07, 06:58 PM
Games like this can be a blast. Fuzion Frenzy is still one of the most fun games I've ever played when you get a few people together.

I was thinking of getting this and hate to hear it runs like crap (or not at all.) :(

Mr. Hunt
01-11-07, 08:26 PM
It is Ubisoft isn't it? How could you expect a non**** PC port?

stjuart
01-11-07, 08:26 PM
its not fun if its just one person playing the game, you need a bunch of freinds to enjoy it and thats why the wii versions is better and i hate the wii.

icecold1983
01-11-07, 08:54 PM
u hate the wii? kind of surprised, i thought u preferred games with bad graphics

stjuart
01-11-07, 09:16 PM
Don't you hate being called a duchebag all the time, iam surprised you dont incorperate that into your name, seriously be on topic and understand what the point of the answear above was all about.

icecold1983
01-11-07, 09:23 PM
i do understand the answer, my comment was about u not liking the wii however,

stjuart
01-11-07, 09:28 PM
no your comment was about rfactor and the reasons why i post it on the screenshot forums, so dont try to be sly about it. And yes it looks very nice. Also where did i mention that the reason i hated the wii was because of its graphics in the responses above. Please tell me and then i willl bow down and apologize for being and ass.

icecold1983
01-11-07, 09:30 PM
no your comment was about rfactor and the reasons why i post it on the screenshot forums, so dont try to be sly about it. And yes it looks very nice. Also where did i mention that the reason i hated the wii was its graphics in responses above please tell and then ill bow down and apologize for being and ass.

no, u just rly seem to prefer games with bad graphics

Elvin Presler
01-12-07, 03:17 PM
Just a thought: A lot of games STILL refuse to run with forced refresh rates after what? 6+ years of Windows 2000/XP with it defaulting to 60 Hertz if we don't force a decent rater?

Example: Half Life 2 will not even start until I set a startup line like "-w 1280 -h 960 -refresh 100" or set my refresh rate for whatever resolution I am playing it at to 60 (no!).

|MaguS|
01-12-07, 03:44 PM
Just a thought: A lot of games STILL refuse to run with forced refresh rates after what? 6+ years of Windows 2000/XP with it defaulting to 60 Hertz if we don't force a decent rater?

Example: Half Life 2 will not even start until I set a startup line like "-w 1280 -h 960 -refresh 100" or set my refresh rate for whatever resolution I am playing it at to 60 (no!).

Um HL2 works perfectly at any refreshrate, I never had an issue with it. As for this game... you can change the refreshrate in the graphisc config utility included in it.

Ninja Prime
01-12-07, 05:40 PM
Err, do you really need to view crazy dancing rabbits in hi rez? :p

Doesnt seem like it'd play very well with PC controls.

|MaguS|
01-12-07, 05:57 PM
Err, do you really need to view crazy dancing rabbits in hi rez? :p

Doesnt seem like it'd play very well with PC controls.

Yes I do... The game is just awsome... and I already purchased it from D2D so its not like I can return it. :p

SH0DAN
01-21-07, 01:23 AM
I got to try it early today and it was actually pretty fun ! :)

karkrash81
01-21-07, 05:50 AM
I found the minigames to be ok...but what sold it for me was the art direction and the rabbids!! very silly and amusing...I can see these critters starring in future games...

Gaco
01-21-07, 10:14 AM
Reviewerrs says it's crap. I dunno why they could convert a wii-designed game for PC anyway (ack)

nemecb
01-22-07, 10:40 AM
Reviewerrs says it's crap. I dunno why they could convert a wii-designed game for PC anyway (ack)
Or for that matter other consoles. I don't really see how it could possibly play as well with a controller or a mouse and keyboard.

But I suppose it cost them practically nothing to port it since it's not like they had to worry about performance on the other systems and some people will buy it so why not? And some of the games, like the on-rails shooters, will play just fine.

|MaguS|
01-22-07, 10:45 AM
I can't see how it wouldn't work on the PC with a mouse, the Wii controller in most of the games uses it as a pointer device, a few games use the other functions...

nemecb
01-22-07, 10:57 AM
Quite a few do, but there are plenty that don't use it as a pointer. I'm sure most of them could be easily duplicated using button presses, but some (like the dancing and the pig ones) would definitely lose something in translation.