PDA

View Full Version : Motorstorm A big disappointment???

tornadog
01-12-07, 10:36 AM
Thats what this guy seems to think and also another review I cant find anymore:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/cheapyds-motorstorm-ps3-review.php

Marvel_us
01-12-07, 10:42 AM
A review of the gimped Japanese version, nothing more. The US version will have a lot more modes/online play.

LiquidX
01-12-07, 10:43 AM
I wouldnt judge the game based on the Japanese copy because it seemed very rushed and lacked multiplayer and other features they say will be in the US version.

Namrok
01-12-07, 10:49 AM
I'm kind of confused. Why would the Japanese version get released so gimped and the US version get so much extra love?

Imbroglio
01-12-07, 10:52 AM
japanese version is gimped because their version is 720p/30fps, there was a rumor that US version would be 1080p/60fps, but that was a sony pr mistake and they already made the announcement it would be exactly like the japanese version.... sony pr for teh fetchin win again, those guys are on the ball, i guess they have the freedom to say whatever they want to please customers

US has one extra mode, and a multiplayer that hasn't been seen, why do ppl keep jumping all over this game i don't understand it? is it because you only have this and RFOM to clutch to?

Marvel_us
01-12-07, 10:57 AM
japanese version is gimped because their version is 720p/30fps, there was a rumor that US version would be 1080p/60fps, but that was a sony pr mistake and they already made the announcement it would be exactly like the japanese version.... sony pr for teh fetchin win again, those guys are on the ball, i guess they have the freedom to say whatever they want to please customers

US has one extra mode, and a multiplayer that hasn't been seen, why do ppl keep jumping all over this game i don't understand it? is it because you only have this and RFOM to clutch to?

How do you say the Japanese version is gimped because of it's res.....then say it was a PR mistake?

Have you even played the game before? The game is amazingly fun. If this game was announced for the 360 it would be a different store though huh?

Imbroglio
01-12-07, 10:58 AM
not really, it felt too much like burnout/flatout. i agree that the game looked pretty, but it felt like a moch burnout/flatout type game.

played the demo in a target with a well ventilated ps3, no glitching/freezing. the game ran smooth, looked nice, just seemed like they were rehashing what has already been done

Marvel_us
01-12-07, 11:04 AM
not really, it felt too much like burnout/flatout. i agree that the game looked pretty, but it felt like a moch burnout/flatout type game.

played the demo in a target with a well ventilated ps3, no glitching/freezing. the game ran smooth, looked nice, just seemed like they were rehashing what has already been done

What's wrong with a rehash? This game does it very well. Also, to note I was quite disappointed with the demo in the kiosk and thought the game was crap. Then I got my own PS3 and played the demo from the PS store and it was much better.

|MaguS|
01-12-07, 11:15 AM
I have the Japanese Import, while its lacking alot of features its still a VERY fun game.

Imbroglio
01-12-07, 11:19 AM
i'll have to try it on a retail ps3 if i ever run into someone with one... :\

LurkerLito
01-12-07, 11:22 AM
I have played the demo and I really didn't like it that much, but if you turn on the tilt controls in the menu it actually made me play it a while longer even though I really sucked at using it for a while. Still I most likely won't be buying it. I think games that use the tilt controller really need a configuration option for the tilt stuff. In motorstorm it is way too sensitive.

tornadog
01-12-07, 11:35 AM
i'll have to try it on a retail ps3 if i ever run into someone with one... :\

Hurry because that will be getting more and more difficult with time :D

Namrok
01-12-07, 11:38 AM
I'm just saying, if the part about "Oh, the Japanese version might be 720p/30 fps, but the US version will be 1080p/60 fps!" was marketing BS...why are people so willing to believe that the US version will have extra play modes and multiplayer? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, right?

Hex
01-12-07, 12:21 PM
LOL it never ends

OWA
01-12-07, 01:13 PM
Yeah, Motorstorm is a definite must-buy for me. The demo has been great.

Bad_Boy
01-12-07, 01:47 PM
I'm just saying, if the part about "Oh, the Japanese version might be 720p/30 fps, but the US version will be 1080p/60 fps!" was marketing BS...why are people so willing to believe that the US version will have extra play modes and multiplayer? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, right?
Because its already been confirmed, with screen shots to boot?