PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet (360) Released!

Pages : [1] 2

NaitoSan
01-12-07, 02:37 PM
I'm going over BestBuy to pick up Limited Edition of it. :D Anyone getting a copy as well? Man, I'm so excited. The demo is still on 360 HD. I didn't get a chance to play multiplayer demo (I just got Gold membership) how is it? Is it fun?

thor1182
01-12-07, 02:40 PM
I think I will pick it up sometime this weekend.

To many games to play... Lego Star Wars II, GoW, LP, and WoW TBC...

I think my 360 will get more loving though

superklye
01-12-07, 02:48 PM
From the commercials and previews I've read of it the game sounds and looks awesome. I should get that demo on my roommate's 360...

1337_Like_ThaT
01-12-07, 03:16 PM
I will be picking this title up for sure but not the Limited Edition. I'm tired of paying the extra $10 for somthing that isn't that useful for me. At first I would always get the LE version of games I really liked, but then just got tired of it. I rather just stay to the normal slim case and same game inside :)

Lyme
01-12-07, 03:18 PM
The demo is still on 360 HD.

Microsoft doesn't usually remove the demo's from XBL even after the game is released. They are under the impression that being able to "try before you buy" helps sell games, and I agree with them.

saturnotaku
01-12-07, 03:32 PM
Is that an SP or MP demo? I seriously have not turned on my 360 in a couple weeks. I know, shame on me.

tornadog
01-12-07, 03:33 PM
single player gets repetitive pretty soon...all the fun is in the multiplayer I hear..wouldnt know since I dont have a live gold, only play thru a cpl of levels of the SP last month...graphicswise its a beauty with all the snow effects and the explosions are very well done...plot is the usual cheese

Peoples-Agent
01-12-07, 04:26 PM
Got my copy today, quite enjoying it actually. Amazing visuals, and fun with the grappling hook.

Not tried it online yet.

If you like the movie Starship Troopers your get a good feel for this game and probably enjoy it.

OWA
01-12-07, 05:14 PM
Got my copy today, quite enjoying it actually. Amazing visuals, and fun with the grappling hook.

Not tried it online yet.

If you like the movie Starship Troopers your get a good feel for this game and probably enjoy it.
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about giving this one a shot. I think you just sold me on it. :)

ralinn
01-12-07, 05:15 PM
This is one of my most awaited games for the 360 and when it finally comes out I can't buy it... :(

I'm still broke from Christmas :(

Peoples-Agent
01-12-07, 05:21 PM
This is one of my most awaited games for the 360 and when it finally comes out I can't buy it... :(

I'm still broke from Christmas :(

Get some trade ins going dude or something.

www.gameshare.co.uk might be of some use, the folks over at xbox.com forums seem to use it a fair bit.

msxyz
01-12-07, 05:37 PM
A german gaming site reports that over 1M copies were shipped to stores in the EU and US as the interest for this game seems to be very strong.

saturnotaku
01-12-07, 06:15 PM
I just answered my own question, an MP demo only. I want an SP demo. I hate multiplayer anything.

|MaguS|
01-12-07, 06:18 PM
I just answered my own question, an MP demo only. I want an SP demo. I hate multiplayer anything.

Get the E3 Demo... its SP.

ENU291
01-12-07, 06:46 PM
FYI guys, there was an update to the SP demo that got released for E3 last year. It was included in the November issue of OXM. The graphics and some gameplay elements were improved. I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow! :)

Peoples-Agent
01-12-07, 07:50 PM
FYI guys, there was an update to the SP demo that got released for E3 last year. It was included in the November issue of OXM. The graphics and some gameplay elements were improved. I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow! :)

Yeah, the original demo was nothing like this. They really have put alot of work in since then.

saturnotaku
01-12-07, 09:10 PM
I'd love to play it, but the most recent dashboard update bricked my system (frozen screen, three red lights, etc). Back to MS it goes. :(

S.I.N
01-12-07, 09:35 PM
I'd love to play it, but the most recent dashboard update bricked my system (frozen screen, three red lights, etc). Back to MS it goes. :(

Ahh, ahhh that sucks saturn. Take comfort in the fact your not alone and atleast you have your Wii to play with until ms sends you a refurbished one.

Quickstar
01-12-07, 09:59 PM
I heard the opposite. I heard the singleplayer is fun but with a confusing story and the multiplayer is mediocre.

Mr. Hunt
01-13-07, 03:23 AM
Well I ended up renting it... saw one copy available and decided to rent it... haven't play it yet though :\.

Peoples-Agent
01-13-07, 08:56 AM
If you have a HDTV and Surround Sound, your gonna LOVE this game. The visuals are simply awesome, the monsters make the Corpser on GOW look like a fairy. Stunning!

Mr. Hunt
01-13-07, 09:48 AM
I have both and hate it... the story blows, the dialogue blows, and the voice acting makes me want to suicide. And the gameplay got very boring for me.

GlowStick
01-13-07, 10:16 AM
The MP is really boring, promptly delete.

thor1182
01-15-07, 12:51 PM
so more impressions from the people with the actual game...

toxikneedle
01-15-07, 02:40 PM
Well thank god I never liked the game, some people were holding out for it and got pretty dissapointed. The body suits still look awesome to control, but there are way too many aspects to the game that I hate.