PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Darkoz
01-17-07, 05:59 AM
everything ive claimed ive showed solid evidence that backs it up

icecold1983, for comparisons sake, can you run the in-built F.E.A.R benchmark with all settings max. 4x AA / 8x AF and softshadows OFF @ 1920x1200 resolution and post a screenshot of the score.

icecold1983
01-17-07, 06:07 AM
icecold1983, for comparisons sake, can you run the in-built F.E.A.R benchmark with all settings max. 4x AA / 8x AF and softshadows OFF @ 1920x1200 resolution and post a screenshot of the score.

i only have the demos for fear and fear xp.

Darkoz
01-17-07, 06:30 AM

Doesn't the demo have the benchmark?

Redeemed
01-17-07, 06:31 AM
Icecold, I'm not going to debate anymore with you. I'm merely going to point something out-

The performance recieved in the demo of a video game will vary from the performance achieved in the retail version. Buy FEAR and then try playing the game- you'll see exactly what I mean.

The very last thing I will point out is that there is a very large difference between a video card hitting a performance wall and the coding for the game being crap. When a video card hits a performance wall, the game is taxing the GPU. When the coding is crap the factors involved are too many to blame just the GPU- your CPU, RAM, and even hard drives could be the bottleneck in such a case.

As such, for any current PC title that has decent coding, the 8800's have yet to hit a performace wall. For all titles with fubar'd coding- the performance wall is not limited to the GPU but encompass the entire system. Thusly you cannot accurately claim that the GPU is hitting a performance wall. Furthermore any blame as a result of such poor coding should be directed at the software and developers, NOT at the hardware.

Redeemed
01-17-07, 06:32 AM
Doesn't the demo have the benchmark?

No, it does not.

icecold1983
01-17-07, 06:45 AM
Icecold, I'm not going to debate anymore with you. I'm merely going to point something out-

The performance recieved in the demo of a video game will vary from the performance achieved in the retail version. Buy FEAR and then try playing the game- you'll see exactly what I mean.

The very last thing I will point out is that there is a very large difference between a video card hitting a performance wall and the coding for the game being crap. When a video card hits a performance wall, the game is taxing the GPU. When the coding is crap the factors involved are too many to blame just the GPU- your CPU, RAM, and even hard drives could be the bottleneck in such a case.

As such, for any current PC title that has decent coding, the 8800's have yet to hit a performace wall. For all titles with fubar'd coding- the performance wall is not limited to the GPU but encompass the entire system. Thusly you cannot accurately claim that the GPU is hitting a performance wall. Furthermore any blame as a result of such poor coding should be directed at the software and developers, NOT at the hardware.

so if lowering settings that would only affect the video card(texture detail, resolution, aa af etc) substantially raise my framerate the gpu hasnt hit a performance wall?

u are making a big claim there in terms of coding, since ur essentially saying trackmania, oblivion, fear, cod 2, company of heros, dark messiah, call of juarez, just cause and many others are all coded like crap.

Redeemed
01-17-07, 06:47 AM
so if lowering settings that would only affect the video card(texture detail, resolution, aa af etc) substantially raise my framerate the gpu hasnt hit a performance wall?

u are making a big claim there in terms of coding, since ur essentially saying trackmania, oblivion, fear, cod 2, company of heros, dark messiah, call of juarez, just cause and many others are all coded like crap.

We've been over this too many times. I'm sure you already know how I'd like to answer this. But, we are going in circles my friend. I will debate this with you no more.

*Tips hat to gents in thread, stands and leaves thread*

nemecb
01-17-07, 10:23 AM
What's this? He's threadjacked another one? I'm shocked, shocked I say!:wonder:

nekrosoft13
01-17-07, 10:45 AM
everything ive claimed ive showed solid evidence that backs it up

Only thing that you have proven that you are either blind, stupid or complete moron. Well could be a combo of those 3.

flukester
01-17-07, 11:31 AM
Well myself and lots of people are not going to buy into having to get a 8800 just to play one game. I said same thing for Farcry and 5months after it was released I got it for 14.99 in the bargain bin. This game, like Farcry will go nowhere because the majority of people aren't stupid enough to fork out an unrealistic amount of money for a video card to run this game the 'way it was intended' and I'm not wasting good money to buy a game I have to turn everything off. Crytek is a dumb ass company anyhow. They want to make a next gen game and 2 times now they think people will run out and buy latest hardware just to run it. They want a game to last, yeah, lets look at that HUGE community they got with Farcry... lmao. HL1 was a major achievement and in some way HL2 is as well and will be around a long time. I sincerely doubt anyone will care about this game a year after its release. I can play 99.9% of everything I am interested in, Crysis like Farcry can wait. And that's if I don't totally switch to my Xbox 360.

Xion X2
01-17-07, 02:50 PM

My god. All this time you've been complaining about the performance of your machine on FEAR based on a f****** demo???

Newsflash Einstein.. you cannot download patches that support later hardware with just a demo on your machine. Therefore, it probably won't be as well optimized as the final product would be.

Unbelievable. :retard:

brownstone
01-17-07, 03:44 PM
Yeah demo's get released all the time that don't reflect the first release retail version.

U don't go debating against those who have retail because your demo runs like crap.

Think about when the first FEAR demo was released and the timeline before the first 8800gtx came out! Then think of when the last retail patch came out and the 8800gtx came out. Im not saying that the last patch had optimizations specifically for the 8800 but im positive its gonna run better than ur demo.

Xion X2
01-17-07, 03:47 PM
I just went back and read, and he also said he was playing just the demo of COD2.

So all of his arguments have been based on what the demo ran like on his machine, not the final product.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/retard.gif

agentkay
01-17-07, 05:40 PM
The demos for both COD2 and FEAR ran worse than the retail versions for me.

J-Mag
01-17-07, 06:03 PM

+1

Redeemed
01-17-07, 07:52 PM

+2

Redeemed
01-17-07, 07:53 PM
= 3! :p

GitDat
10-28-07, 08:40 PM
http://www.crysis-online.com/?id=172

Crysis: 2048x1536 at 60 FPS

In case you're worried about how well Crysis will perform on your new rig, it looks like it runs pretty smoothly at 2048x1536 assuming you have a Core 2 Duo and (single) 8800GTX running on Vista.

:lol2: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!one!!eleven! :lol2:

crainger
10-28-07, 08:43 PM
LOL

Crow_Nest
10-28-07, 09:10 PM
Now i read that article, and i laugh. LMAO.

Hopefully the full release would be better, but it still leaves some of us with a bad first impression though...

Gaco
10-28-07, 10:06 PM
HAhaha wtf. Perhaps some crazy driver updates and game optimization will save the day after all? :lol:

Nah it was probably just DX9 at high settings on a super quadcore SLI machine in a lower res than they speculated :)

jcrox
10-28-07, 10:39 PM
Well myself and lots of people are not going to buy into having to get a 8800 just to play one game. I said same thing for Farcry and 5months after it was released I got it for 14.99 in the bargain bin. This game, like Farcry will go nowhere because the majority of people aren't stupid enough to fork out an unrealistic amount of money for a video card to run this game the 'way it was intended' and I'm not wasting good money to buy a game I have to turn everything off. Crytek is a dumb ass company anyhow. They want to make a next gen game and 2 times now they think people will run out and buy latest hardware just to run it. They want a game to last, yeah, lets look at that HUGE community they got with Farcry... lmao. HL1 was a major achievement and in some way HL2 is as well and will be around a long time. I sincerely doubt anyone will care about this game a year after its release. I can play 99.9% of everything I am interested in, Crysis like Farcry can wait. And that's if I don't totally switch to my Xbox 360.

Far Cry sold something like 750,000 copies in the 1st month... at $40/copy thats $30,000,000... if that's going nowhere, I sure would love to be the guys behind Crysis as it will surely go nowhere even faster.

J-Mag
10-29-07, 12:59 PM
Far Cry sold something like 750,000 copies in the 1st month... at $40/copy thats $30,000,000... if that's going nowhere, I sure would love to be the guys behind Crysis as it will surely go nowhere even faster.

Minus the publisher's, distributors', and retailers' cuts of course. ;)

KickAssCop
10-29-07, 01:44 PM
My rig is in the sig, how well do you think I can run the crysis demo. My XFX card has yet to arrive and I am still downloading the demo.

BioHazZarD
10-29-07, 02:09 PM
Almost identical to my system rofl, same cpu same gfx card. i run the game tweaked configs high details, some on medium like shadows and post processing is off.