PDA

View Full Version : Consumers Clueless About AMD, Says Dell

AthlonXP1800
01-15-07, 09:38 PM
http://www.cooltechzone.com/Special_Reports/Special_Reports/Consumers_Clueless_About_AMD%2C_Says_Dell_20070115 2764/

Wow I find this very shocking and appaling, these consumers are much worse than people who are clueless about Blu-ray. AMD been around long time before Blu-ray, I knew AMD when I read PC magazine in 1992 about it. No wonder majority of people cant read! :o

Starscream
01-16-07, 11:58 AM
http://www.cooltechzone.com/Special_Reports/Special_Reports/Consumers_Clueless_About_AMD%2C_Says_Dell_20070115 2764/

Wow I find this very shocking and appaling, these consumers are much worse than people who are clueless about Blu-ray. AMD been around long time before Blu-ray, I knew AMD when I read PC magazine in 1992 about it. No wonder majority of people cant read! :o

The reason why nobody knows anything about AMD is because companies like Dell have only been selling Intel for all these years. Advertising from Dell and other large OEM's is really the only computer information most people see. Average computer users don't read computer websites or magazines and know nothing about the internals of their machines. To most people a computer is just another appliance and nobody cares what components are in their microwave.

DiscipleDOC
01-16-07, 12:15 PM
The reason why nobody knows anything about AMD is because companies like Dell have only been selling Intel for all these years. Advertising from Dell and other large OEM's is really the only computer information most people see. Average computer users don't read computer websites or magazines and know nothing about the internals of their machines. To most people a computer is just another appliance and nobody cares what components are in their microwave.
QFmfT

grey_1
01-16-07, 12:26 PM
Yup.

XDanger
01-16-07, 02:47 PM
Yes ,And to "normal" people we seem like people who care about how fast the microwave cooks soup and how fast the turntable goes round etc...

(((PING)))

MY FAJITAS ARE READY !!

mullet
01-16-07, 11:01 PM
Back when AMD bought ATI, I said that maybe now ppl will find out about AMD because I felt more ppl knew about ATI then AMD, its sad but the public is pretty dumb about the stuff we took for granted like years ago.

Dudes__Geof_
01-17-07, 01:16 PM
(((PING)))

MY FAJITAS ARE READY !!

Your microwave is as slow as my old computer from Dell is.

People really need to learn more about computers. Back when AMD was doing really well, everyone I knew was always going like 'I WANT A NEW INTEL!' .. and then of course they buy from Dell or HP, and get some huge POS that costed $2500.