PDA

View Full Version : 8800 GTX KO with ACS3 not on newegg anymore?

hokeyplyr48
01-16-07, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know why the eVGA 8800 GTX KO with ACS3 isn't on newegg anymore? it was there yesterday. will they carry it again?

jAkUp
01-16-07, 03:48 PM
Yes they will, just out of stock for the moment, new stock should be there very shortly.

hokeyplyr48
01-16-07, 03:51 PM
hmm i wonder why they didn't just put out of stock and notify-me or w/e the button is.
jAkUp, do u think i should go with a regular 8800 gtx or the ko acs3 one?

RussianHAXOR
01-17-07, 05:51 PM
I would go for the ACS3 one for a number of reasons if you have the money...

1. Cooler
2. Guaranteed Overclock
3. Quality card

The benefits over the regular one is purely temperatures and overclocking... otherwise they are pretty much the same.

hokeyplyr48
01-17-07, 05:54 PM
sounds like it then, cuz i have no idea how to overclock, i jsut try to buy things that are already fast so i don't have to. :D

RussianHAXOR
01-17-07, 05:55 PM
Yea, i'd trust their overclock any time over mine... haha.

Plus that heatsink is amazing.... oh and the ACS3 is quieter too.

hokeyplyr48
01-17-07, 05:57 PM
haha how much quieter is it? is it almost quiet or is it still relatively loud?

RussianHAXOR
01-17-07, 06:19 PM
Supposedly alot quieter as i have heard from some people.

buffbiff21
01-17-07, 06:42 PM
Supposedly alot quieter as i have heard from some people.

if it is half as loud, even 3/4 loud it would be killer.

EVGA techie guys, Is that card available for Stepup?

It has only been 2 months since i got the GTX. I can still upgrade :D

RussianHAXOR
01-17-07, 06:58 PM
As of this moment the card will not be availiable for stepup(if ever). Sorry to disappoint. It most likely wont be at all... since usually its only the reference cards that are for stepups not the EVGA oc'd ones.

Amuro
01-17-07, 08:36 PM
Will eVGA ever expand their business to Asia? I hate having to tavel to the US to buy the cards everytime, lol.

RussianHAXOR
01-17-07, 11:09 PM
If you have any kind of suggestions try contacting EVGA directly... im pretty sure that if they get high enough demand from asia they would gladly open up an asian office.

lukx
01-18-07, 02:22 AM
when getting acs3 version get ready for lockups like 7900 KO ACS3 had.
For example this guy: http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25117#top

Remmeber some time agoi nvidia didn't let companies to OC cards. Now it changed I don't know why but I thing that it's safer to get model that was ref like nvidia designed it. Of course you have same warranty on ref card as on OC'ed on but I prefer not using warranty :)

RussianHAXOR
01-18-07, 09:06 AM
There wasnt anything wrong with the cards it was something to do with the motherboard and the cards not liking the slots that they were in. So he switched them. He figured out that only ONE card was bad. There are instances when cards are bad, there is always a margin of failure. Hopefully he will get an RMA soon.

SH0DAN
01-18-07, 09:46 AM
if it is half as loud, even 3/4 loud it would be killer.

EVGA techie guys, Is that card available for Stepup?

It has only been 2 months since i got the GTX. I can still upgrade :D

Step Up !?!?!!!!! Get that silly idea out of your head !!! :p I've had my GTS for 3.5 weeks.... No one gets a step up.... unless you have a 78/7900 or a lower model card from eVGA AND its a 'reference' card.... :(

RussianHAXOR
01-18-07, 04:32 PM
You can step up to the reference models of the 8800GTS and 8800GTX, these are known as EGS or evga genuine spec.

SH0DAN
01-19-07, 07:36 PM
You can step up to the reference models of the 8800GTS and 8800GTX, these are known as EGS or evga genuine spec.

I know,I know,I just like to complain and give you and Jakup grief :p
Still I already own two GTS's,I dont want another,I want a GTX KO/
ACS3/Superclocked/Pearl.... I hope eVGA changes thier mind before
I run out of time on my step up.... :(

RussianHAXOR
01-19-07, 08:52 PM
Haha yea i know. I agree it kinda does suck, but they have to make money right? They cant let everyone step upto every card... theyd lose so much money, as if they arent on step up already.

Auswak
01-20-07, 07:51 PM
Simply click on the NVNews Pricegrabber link at the bottom of this page, type in N837 to search the part number and who has it available....

Word of warning: Beware of one vendor listed using undesirable tactics to switch you to another card.

At the moment it is best to only rely on authorized ETailers listed on EVGA's website.

:)

RussianHAXOR
01-21-07, 11:59 PM
Did all of you guys get the games you were supposed to get?