PDA

View Full Version : Black or blue?

TonyM16
01-16-07, 05:36 PM
On the evga 680i where do you place your 2gb ram kit. Do you put it in the blue slots or in the black slots.

Is there any advantages to either slot? Is it true that placing ram in the blue slots is dangerous for you ram ie they get fried?

I have been using blue as it seemed like where they should go, but I don't want tp get fried ram either. Should I move to black? IS there any overlclocking or performance differences to the ram slots?

Cheers.

PS. Please participate in my poll aswell. Just choose blue or black depending on where your memory is RIGHT NOW.

Stoneyguy
01-16-07, 06:57 PM
I can't remember what the color was... whatever was closer to the CPU.

Lazaredz
01-16-07, 07:44 PM
Mine are in the blue. Only because its habit for me to use the slot nearest to the CPU (and its mate).

Stoneyguy
01-16-07, 08:06 PM
Mine are in the blue. Only because its habit for me to use the slot nearest to the CPU (and its mate).

hehe cool now I can vote. Blue 4TW!!

Muppet
01-17-07, 12:40 AM
Blue here to, running at 1111mhz 4-4-4-12 P24 bios

jAkUp
01-17-07, 02:18 AM
The black slots are the primary :)

Muppet
01-17-07, 02:22 AM
The black slots are the primary :)
Really i didn't know that, i always though the slot closest to the CPU was the primary one.

Lazaredz
01-17-07, 06:07 AM
Really i didn't know that, i always though the slot closest to the CPU was the primary one.

Ditto.

TonyM16
01-17-07, 07:25 AM
(nana2)

TonyM16
01-17-07, 07:26 AM
Wow. I think we can be rest assured that the blue ram slots DO NOT fry your memory. Some of the people that voted have had the 680i since launch and if they are okay it can't be the board itself at fault. Although that doesn't take in to account a faulty 680i of course.

Thank you everyone for voting and replying. :D

PS. I think we need confirmation from Jakup now if the black really are primary or if he just made an error (which is fine by the way, everyone is allowed an "arror":p ). What does primary mean anyway? I know it means first, but in the cpu context what does it mean? Is it not the same as saying 0+1?

jAkUp
01-17-07, 04:44 PM
whoops sorry, blue are primary :o

TonyM16
01-17-07, 05:35 PM

No worries mate ;). So does this mean you will be moving your ram to blue now aswell like the rest of us?:rolleyes: (you probably shouldn't though , way I see it the less we mess about in the innards of our pC's they happier they are).

retsam
01-17-07, 10:33 PM
errr...umm... jakup is made a mistake, i didnt know he was human?...i always thought he was borg with an intel sticker on his forhead.:D

jAkUp
01-17-07, 10:46 PM
No worries mate ;). So does this mean you will be moving your ram to blue now aswell like the rest of us?:rolleyes: (you probably shouldn't though , way I see it the less we mess about in the innards of our pC's they happier they are).

I know but I'm a perfectionist, not sure where I got the idea that the black slots were the primary, my bad :captnkill:

And yes, I am a borg with an Intel sticker on my forehead :D And NVIDIA too (nana2)

mcolbourn
01-18-07, 04:04 AM
They are in the Blue two for me too :)