PDA

View Full Version : DVI to VGA adapter OK for Geforce 7950?

adhoeschen
01-16-07, 11:48 PM
Hi everybody.

I did a search on the subject above and didn't come up with anything. I just purchased a GeForce 7950 graphics card from XFX. Like a dummy, I didn't read the specs totally and ended up with a card that has 2 DVI and 1 S-Video connector, but no VGA connector. I have found a cable to adapt DVI to VGA, but I am wondering what, if anything, I will lose in the process. Will this work? Also, what about the drivers - will they support VGA since there is no VGA connector on the card? TigerDirect won't authorize a return so that isn't an option.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Alan

XxDeadlyxX
01-17-07, 12:29 AM
Yes, it will work fine. I can use one on my 7900gt no problems.

XFX Support
01-17-07, 11:21 AM
The video card should have come with an adapter to put on your current VGA cable to allow it to connect to the DVI port on your video card. And as stated by XxDeadlyxX the video card will work fine with VGA. If you did not receive one, feel free to contact us at www.xfxforce.com and we can send you one.

XFX Support

adhoeschen
01-17-07, 11:37 AM
Kewl guys, thanks for your help. Especially thanks to XFX support - way to run a business, guys - I'm impressed. I'll go home and check the box (don't remember seeing one, but If I can't read specs its also possible I can overlook a cable in the box, LOL).

THANKS again - looking forward to using my new card.

Alan

john19055
01-17-07, 01:51 PM
You should have two of them in the box,but I perfer the cable that has a DVI to VGA so that you don't have to mess with the adapter ,I always scared I am going to hit it against something and break it because of how it sticks out.