PDA

View Full Version : Top system ,but I get chopiness and lagg!

Sewy18
01-17-07, 10:53 PM
Rainbow six vegas,splinter cell double agent,battlefield 2,dark messiah,half life 2 and pretty much all the games I play I have a little chopinesss and lagg.The wierd part is my fps never drops I always have stable fps and yet it's still choppy and can stutter.Can anyone spare a minute to tell me what would cause this bad performence? I have the latest directx,nvidia 97.72 drivers and sound card drivers.I have the latest p24 evga Bios update.

System specs are....

EVGA 8800gtx
Thermaltake armor
EVGA 680i moterboard
core2duo E6600(2.4ghz STOCK)
2x1gb of corsairs 6400C4(4-4-4-12 at 2.1V)
Silverstone zeus 850watt
WDraptor 10krpm 150GB
Sound blaster XFI xtrememusic

asphalt
01-18-07, 09:32 AM
I have had these issues as well, but have been able to fix some games (BF2, BF2142, CoD2) by enabling Vsync to run smooth frame rates. Rainbow Six Vegas however still remains to run pretty choppy on certain maps no matter what I try.

DaveW
01-18-07, 01:49 PM
Yeah, don't bother trying to get RB6 Vegas to run smoothly.

asphalt
01-18-07, 02:40 PM
Here is a trick I have found improves performance that I ran across. It disables the blur effect in the game. I posted a link to my website that explains the details on how to impliment: http://cyberneticbarnyard.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=379

**UPDATE** Just been doing reading on the www.rainbowsixgame.com forums and apparently disabling this feature might get you on the Punk Buster master ban list. So far PB has not been enabled yet for the game which explains why I havent been banned yet I suppose. Just wanted to let you know there is a risk you take if disabling it.