PDA

View Full Version : Overscan compensation?

Eliminator
01-19-07, 10:37 PM
How do you eliminate overscan with the new control panel i cant seem to find the option?:banghead:

nvnewsaaronr
01-21-07, 08:45 PM
Well I am having the exact same problem. I just installed Vista Ultimate and I downloaded the latest Vista Forceware from the Nvidia site...but no more overscan underscan resizing correction. I really hope that this will be added back because I now have to use a crappy smaller resolution to fit the entire desktop on the HDTV without having stuff cut off.

Ancient
01-21-07, 09:37 PM
It works for the 6 and 7 series, but all it does it create a strange resolution 1768x992 or something odd like that) that will still leave black bars and won't map perfectly to your screen. For the 8800s the overscan option is not there at all; it just makes the same crappy resolution available.

The Vista drivers are nowhere near perfect yet for HDTV support.

Eliminator
01-21-07, 11:03 PM
im talking about xp though... im using 93.81 with the new control panel

Ancient
01-21-07, 11:26 PM
im talking about xp though... im using 93.81 with the new control panel
It's under the Display icon. iirc, once you enter the Display screen there's a button for HDTV that opens a menu that provides an option for correcting overscan.

strang
01-22-07, 01:58 AM
It doesn't work properly. At least with my setup.

Eliminator
01-22-07, 11:13 AM
It's under the Display icon. iirc, once you enter the Display screen there's a button for HDTV that opens a menu that provides an option for correcting overscan.
can you be a bit more specific?

Ancient
01-22-07, 11:42 AM
can you be a bit more specific?
Try this article from Tweaktown:

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1022/

Eliminator
01-22-07, 10:38 PM
found it finally... i also had to set the hdtv to single display for it to show and it was quite buggy but i eventually got it working... thanks for the help mate