PDA

View Full Version : Bad 8800GTX Boards

ivanmoe
01-20-07, 07:51 PM
A number of 8800GTX video cards were shipped with a bad resistor which resulted in the parts failing under normal usage. If you received one of the defective boards, what company manufactured it?

Edit: This was supposed to be a poll; I attempted to delete it, but was unable to do so. My apologies.

crainger
01-20-07, 08:03 PM
When I saw the title I imagined someone going "Bad 8800GTX! No tech demo for you tonight!"

Xion X2
01-20-07, 08:31 PM
You should probably consult the topic that's already stickied in this forum. It covers this issue.

I had two, and they were both BFG's.

ivanmoe
01-20-07, 09:19 PM
You should probably consult the topic that's already stickied in this forum. It covers this issue.

I had two, and they were both BFG's.

Honestly, no one wants to wade through all those posts to see if there's any pattern to this. I picked one up via Newegg, an EVGA, six weeks after the whole problem was exposed. I was shocked because I thought that the channel would have been cleared of the bad parts by then.

Is this an issue that we're not "supposed" to talk about, or something?

The poll included the following choices, in this order:

BFG

EVGA

XFX

Other

Again though, if we just want to frustrate folks, by all mean, everyone just RTF post above.

Xion X2
01-20-07, 09:25 PM
Sorry, here's a link to the topic I started on it when I had the problem. Looks like they took it down.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80617&highlight=xion