PDA

View Full Version : What should I get?

$n][pErMan
01-21-07, 02:44 PM
Well, this morning it took me two hours to get my system to post... its no longer holding my overclocks very well and I think my system is on its last legs. Its been a good one (oddly still plays BF2142, Fear and Civ4 on full settings) but I know it will not hold up on newer games and plus its about to die anyway.

Anyway, I have always been an AMD man but I am looking to go Intel this time around as they are the best bang for the buck ATM. I am probvably going to get an E6600 and overclock the hell out of it :) What I am wondering from you all is the best Motherboard and Memory combo for this feat! This system will probably be running a single eVGA 8800GTX or GTS depending on if the extra money it worth the GTX. I also plan on overclocking either of those. Also, what Power Supply would you all recommend? I am all set on everything else (e.g. Sound Card.. Hard Drives... etc.) Let me all know what you think. I have found personal recommendations always better than reading reviews anyway :)

Thanks!

SlieTheSecond
01-21-07, 02:52 PM
If you are not going SLI go for the asus P5B-Deluxe for a nice overclock. And ram, any quality ram should suffice. Just don't go cheap on it.

$n][pErMan
01-24-07, 09:27 AM
Looks like a badass motherboard. Any recommendations on RAM? Im a big fan of OCZ personally but im not sure how thier newer chips are at the moment. Also for the power supplies, anything anyone would recommend? I have heard alot about some of the newer ones burning out and would like to get something reliable. :cool:

Orsenfelt
01-24-07, 10:34 AM
all the top name RAM is good atm, OCZ / Corsair / Geil / G.Skill , The OCZ PC6400 Platinum is meant to be a winner =)

as for PSU, Corsair HX520W, 5Year warranty, Quiet, Cheap, Reliable, Modular ... lol.