PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Dual Core/Processor Patch

SemperFi
01-21-07, 11:43 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256# December 19, 2006

Computers that are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and that are equipped with multiple processors that support processor power management features may experience decreased performance.

I must be living under a rock. Has anyone applied this patch yet? If so could you give us some details. Do you have better performance? Do you notice both cores working in games that normally only used one core? How about bench's. Do you notice an improvement?

I found this in the newest read me document for Rainbow Six: Vegas patch 1.03. It says to install this patch for dual core support in Vegas so I was wondering if perhaps this would work for other games (and apps). Just wanted to know if any of you guys have tried it. I'm gonna give it a test run tomorrow through benchmarking.

johnkeel105
01-22-07, 08:32 AM
I also noticed this too in the Rainbow Six Readme. I have the old dual core patch thing from microsoft but I dont know about this. I would appriciate knowing if it helps as my FPS in that game blows beyond all definitition!:headexplode:

Monolyth
01-22-07, 09:43 AM
AFAIK this is only for AMD processors that use the dynamic clocking feature to keep temps down when in low usage.