PDA

View Full Version : Fanbois rejoice! (Or let the snickering begin)

Treason
01-22-07, 03:35 PM
Windows Vista Ultimate UPGRADE Limited Numbered Signature Edition $259

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000M2WPIQ/ref=s9_asin_image_1/104-7248494-7483915

Signed by the great leader Bill Gates himself! (xmastree)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1705/b000m2wpiq01ss500sclzzz2hr.jpg

Tygerwoody
01-22-07, 03:46 PM
any disadvantage to buying the upgrade over full version? I have a full retail XP license....

ccxvi
01-22-07, 04:47 PM
Same question here. What do they mean by "Vista upgrade"? Do I just need to have a copy of windows XP? All I heard about was an express upgrade for anyone who bought a computer with XP after a certain date. This copy of XP I have here is a complimentary copy from an XP pre-launch convention of some sort (don't ask me, I wasn't attending).

Bman212121
01-22-07, 04:49 PM
cool. I'm sure that is a collectors item, so it might actually be worth something. :)

einstein_314
01-22-07, 04:57 PM
Haha, that's awesome! So are there only going to be 20000 copies? (i'm assuming the number on the cover in the pic posted is the copy number, and it says 00000 | 20000. So is that 0 of 20000? Wouldn't that take quite a while to sign them all?

grey_1
01-22-07, 04:59 PM
LMAO at the thread title. :D I personally can't wait to get my grubby little paws on this.

Bearclaw
01-22-07, 05:17 PM
Same question here. What do they mean by "Vista upgrade"? Do I just need to have a copy of windows XP? All I heard about was an express upgrade for anyone who bought a computer with XP after a certain date. This copy of XP I have here is a complimentary copy from an XP pre-launch convention of some sort (don't ask me, I wasn't attending).
Same here as well. Does the full version have any advantage over the retail?

crainger
01-22-07, 05:24 PM
Haha, that's awesome! So are there only going to be 20000 copies? (i'm assuming the number on the cover in the pic posted is the copy number, and it says 00000 | 20000. So is that 0 of 20000? Wouldn't that take quite a while to sign them all?

Dedication.

Tygerwoody
01-22-07, 05:31 PM
any disadvantage to buying the upgrade over full version? I have a full retail XP license....

saturnotaku
01-22-07, 06:13 PM
From the item description:

Update Eligibility
You can upgrade from your current edition of Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 2000 (including Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Media Center, Windows XP Tablet PC, Windows XP Professional x64, Windows 2000) to a corresponding or better edition of Windows Vista by purchasing and installing this upgrade copy of Windows Vista. Depending on which edition of Windows you are running and the edition of Windows Vista you would like to install, you have two options for the installation process: You can upgrade in-place, which means you can install Windows Vista and retain your applications, files, and settings as they were in your previous edition of Windows or you can do a clean install. If you are currently using Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional x64, you are eligible for an upgrade copy to a corresponding or better edition of Windows Vista, but a clean install is required. For versions of Windows earlier than Windows 2000, upgrade copies are not available. These earlier versions of Windows require you to install a full copy of Windows Vista.

Emphasis mine.

And ordered. :D

Tygerwoody
01-22-07, 07:53 PM

Emphasis mine.

Thanks for that

Just ordered mine too. :D

I can't wait to see more of this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6aXzMuYN7U

saturnotaku
01-22-07, 08:17 PM
I realized that I had ordered with the super saver shipping, so I canceled and re-placed it with next day. Hopefully these things will ship out before the stated date.

I already have an upgrade to Home Premium coming, so I think I may eBay this limited version. Not sure about that yet, though.

nekrosoft13
01-22-07, 09:07 PM

Emphasis mine.

look at the other thread in this forum, upgrade can't boot

Tygerwoody
01-22-07, 09:15 PM
so?

einstein_314
01-22-07, 09:33 PM
so?
So you can't do a fresh install from the DVD. You have to run the setup from within XP. Which means it will only be an upgrade to vista. No fresh install. Which I don't really understand why they would do that...

betterdan
01-22-07, 09:38 PM
The only reason I can think of why they did it is maybe this way it can check the activation code on your computer with XP installed.

Tygerwoody
01-22-07, 09:45 PM
So you can't do a fresh install from the DVD. You have to run the setup from within XP. Which means it will only be an upgrade to vista. No fresh install. Which I don't really understand why they would do that...
it takes an extra 30 minutes to install windows XP. An extra 30 minutes out of my life to install XP is not the end of the world. I'll just install a fresh copy of XP and then fresh vista. No problem here.

Bearclaw
01-22-07, 09:55 PM
Where did you guys order yours from, I checked on some of the sites that other people posted here and they were all sold out.

nekrosoft13
01-22-07, 10:04 PM
newegg has it

http://www.computerhq.com has it

those places have vista, but not the signed copy

saturnotaku
01-22-07, 10:13 PM

That was a pirated copy downloaded off Torrent. I'll wait until real, official copies are in hand.

Tygerwoody
01-22-07, 10:25 PM
Where did you guys order yours from, I checked on some of the sites that other people posted here and they were all sold out.
amazon sold out?

betterdan
01-22-07, 10:34 PM
That was a pirated copy downloaded off Torrent. I'll wait until real, official copies are in hand.
Your wait is over. We have had the Upgrade Business Vista disc at work for weeks and it is not bootable.