PDA

View Full Version : Sound card support in Vista

Delbert
01-23-07, 04:35 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but thought it was good to put on peoples radar before they go get Vista...
http://www.dailytech.com/Creative+Enables+Hardware+Accelerated+3D+Audio+in+ Vista/article5812.htm
No hardware acceleration support for my Audigy 4 :thumbdwn: ... does this mean we will have to get new sound cards for Vista gaming also ???

DarkJedi664
01-23-07, 10:30 AM
I had to buy a new sound card for Vista...Auzentech just sucks.

nekrosoft13
01-23-07, 10:39 AM
ALchemy should have support for other creative cards soon, this is just the first release

and i do agree with darkjedi, before i found out about all the problems with auzentech, i was so close to actually buying x-meridian.

but unless auzentech gets decent drivers, actually starts updating drivers (driver for their previous cards are dated January 2006, released in April (if i remember corectly) to the public, and their are BETA!, so in a year they haven't had a new driver, ****ing pathetic) and they also need a tool simular to ALchemy, other wise i'm not buying their product

Xion X2
01-23-07, 10:49 AM
I don't know where you guys get off saying Auzentech has a ton of problems. I play every single one of my games just fine on my Xplosion, and this includes a library of 30+ titles. Oblivion, Rainbow Six, Tomb Raider Legend, Quake 4, Doom 3, Flight Sim X, FEAR, Halo, etc, etc, etc and don't have a single blip with any of them. They all come through with awesome 5.1 surround DTS (except Halo, which reverts to regular stereo) and just obliterate the lousy 2d stereo I always had with my Creative cards. Really.. there's just no comparison. The Auzentech sounds much, much better than Creative when paired with a 5.1 system. It offers a fully immersive 3d environment all around you that you just can't get from Creative cards.

And they also just released a new driver on 1/11/07, although the previous driver was working just fine for me with all my games.
http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php?show=xp32old#xp32

To each his own, I guess. Just don't go trashing a product that apparently you know nothing about. There are many out there who are looking for surround sound in their PC's and you guys are going to steer them away from a perfectly good sound card with your comments.