PDA

View Full Version : Vista rules

jcrox
01-24-07, 08:58 AM
If you install Vista, and you get a new motherboard you have to replace Vista as it will consider your computer as a one?? I can't believe that can even be legal!!! If it's true I feel sorry for the general masses that buy those garbage pc's from the retail chains as I personally know several people who have had motherboard failure after just over a year of use.

rhink
01-24-07, 09:12 AM
I don't think it's true, it requires more than a mobo change. Though a mobo + HDD change would probably trigger a re-authentication.

nekrosoft13
01-24-07, 09:25 AM
its true with OEM

Tygerwoody
01-24-07, 09:29 AM
all it asks for is a REAUTHENICATION. I dont see the big deal here. Why is everyone making a big deal out of this?

saturnotaku
01-24-07, 09:32 AM
Why is everyone making a big deal out of this?

becuz mIcRo$oFt wil find ur hous and flod it wif teh gAmMa rayZ!!11 lololol bil gate$, l00nix roflcopterdingdong

top3koms
01-24-07, 09:37 AM
XP only requires a re-authorization and so will Vista.

BrianG
01-24-07, 09:42 AM
becuz mIcRo$oFt wil find ur hous and flod it wif teh gAmMa rayZ!!11 lololol bil gate$, l00nix roflcopterdingdong
Precisely why I wear a tinfoil hat whenever reinstalling the OS.

Bearclaw
01-24-07, 10:30 AM
all it asks for is a REAUTHENICATION. I dont see the big deal here. Why is everyone making a big deal out of this?
QFT. It takes 2 seconds to call them up tell them you built it etc. and have it authenticated.

johnkeel105
01-24-07, 10:36 AM
I dont think that it will make a difference. Reauthintication is not the biggest deal in the world.

Sborg
01-24-07, 11:55 AM
What happens when u have to reinstall Vista on same Hardware as when first installed it, will u need to do it agian activate/REAUTHENICATION and how many times u allowed to with OEM i wonder ?

As 150 a lot money for some people to pay for retail version

Im thinking buying OEM version but in 2 minds if too now if after i upgrade or have to reinstall due to 1 reason or another it wont reactivate.

As sometimes u have too due to virus, program installation corrupting files, windows corruption etc.