PDA

View Full Version : O&O Defrag Professional 8.6 released (vista + 64bit support)

nekrosoft13
01-24-07, 04:56 PM
O&O Defrag V8.6 is the newest generation of the very successful O&O Defrag. Simply, quickly, and securely, you can get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments - and all this with only a tiny investment of time and energy! The new O&O Defrag V8.6 Professional Edition for Windows-based workstations unlocks the hidden Performance of your computer. This software will optimize your hard disk in Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, and Windows NT 4 Workstation, securely repacking fragmented files together for more efficiency. In addition, O&O Defrag V8.6 Professional Edition boasts outstanding usability and a myriad of important functions not found in any other defragmentation software platforms on the market today.

Supports 64-bit versions and Microsoft Windows Vista
New:World-exclusive Defrag Screensaver included
Blazing system starts
Up to 100% more speed
Complete automation with O&O OneButtonDefrag
Special support for notebooks
Screensaver mode
Automatic background defragmentation
Support for removable drives
Easy to use even without previous experience
Five different Defrag methods

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/products/oodefrag/

einstein_314
01-24-07, 08:59 PM
Hmm, I've never heard of this program before...I might have to give it a shot. Lately I've been using diskkeeper 10. It does a pretty good job too. Downloading demo now....

nekrosoft13
01-24-07, 09:06 PM
O&O Blows Diskeeper out of the water

Rytr
01-24-07, 09:20 PM
Thanks! I have used it exclusively for a long time. Don't even know what version I have but it's an old one.

Lith1um
01-25-07, 06:45 PM
$49.95?

You guys must love to defrag or got a copy for free.

saturnotaku
01-25-07, 06:53 PM
O&O is decent, but I find PerfectDisk to work better overall. Version 8 has apparently supported Vista all along, so I'll be all set on that front.

einstein_314
01-25-07, 09:00 PM
O&O Blows Diskeeper out of the water
Yeah, I'll say! It seems to be quite the awesome defragger!!

O&O is decent, but I find PerfectDisk to work better overall. Version 8 has apparently supported Vista all along, so I'll be all set on that front.

Hmmm, might have to give that one a shot too...

Rytr
01-25-07, 09:29 PM
You guys must love to defrag or got a copy for free.

You're right for that price I would just use MS's. The one I have was free, but it still works well.