PDA

View Full Version : Vista Home Premium retail have 32bit only!!!

AthlonXP1800
01-25-07, 03:28 PM
Microsoft has ripped people off who ordered and received Vista Home Premium Upgrade and full retail are in a big shock, they expected the retail to include both 32bit and 64bit DVDs but in fact they will receive only 32bit version on DVD.

A poor Overclocker UK user bought the full retail for 211 and when received it, he opened it and shocked to find 32bit version DVD and a leaflet with information how to obtain 64bit version but he was also in a bigger shock to find that website address stated on the leaflet are not working or not existed. But 64bit version will not be download free, it only available on DVD and people order 64bit version will be charge with posting and packaging fee. :mad:

He posted a thread on Overclocker UK forum about it here (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17683611).

People who get it wanted to install 64 bit version first will be in shock and dismay at Microsoft.

If you are ordered Home Premium retail either Upgrade or full version may decide to cancel the order.

Wow what a big shock. :o

I hope my Vista Ultimate Upgrade come with both 32bit and 64bit DVDs, if not, well I will be absolutely pissed off and I think here will be a lawsuit against Microsoft.

I will not pay for 64bit version on DVD, I will rather download it from torrent for free.

jAkUp
01-25-07, 03:32 PM
Microsoft has ripped people off who ordered and received Vista Home Premium Upgrade and full retail are in a big shock, they expected the retail to include both 32bit and 64bit DVDs but in fact they will receive only 32bit version on DVD.

A poor Overclocker UK user bought the full retail for 211 and when received it, he opened it and shocked to find 32bit version DVD and a leaflet with information how to obtain 64bit version but he was also in a bigger shock to find that website address stated on the leaflet are not working or not existed. But 64bit version will not be download free, it only available on DVD and people order 64bit version will be charge with posting and packaging fee. :mad:

He posted a thread on Overclocker UK forum about it here (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17683611).

People who get it wanted to install 64 bit version first will be in shock and dismay at Microsoft.

If you are ordered Home Premium retail either Upgrade or full version may decide to cancel the order.

Wow what a big shock. :o

I hope my Vista Ultimate Upgrade come with both 32bit and 64bit DVDs, if not, well I will be absolutely pissed off and I think here will be a lawsuit against Microsoft.

I will not pay for 64bit version on DVD, I will rather download it from torrent for free.

A lawsuit? How about a refund?

|MaguS|
01-25-07, 03:34 PM

From my knowledge its not possible to ever get a refund/return with an OS since requiring the CD is not nessecary after its been installed.

AthlonXP1800
01-25-07, 03:40 PM

Well the poor guy opened Home Premium DVD and found only 32bit DVD in it and wanted to return it to Overclocker UK for full refund but Gibbo said if the seal is broken, he cant give refund, it nothing he can do.

Poor guy lost 211 for nothing!

So how do I suppose to know if Vista Ultimate Upgrade will include both 32bit and 64bit DVDs in sealed DVD case? The only way to find out is to break the seal and open the case.

spoop
01-25-07, 04:03 PM
Well the poor guy opened Home Premium DVD and found only 32bit DVD in it and wanted to return it to Overclocker UK for full refund but Gibbo said if the seal is broken, he cant give refund, it nothing he can do.

Poor guy lost 211 for nothing!

So how do I suppose to know if Vista Ultimate Upgrade will include both 32bit and 64bit DVDs in sealed DVD case? The only way to find out is to break the seal and open the case.

What do you mean he lost 211 for nothing if all he has to do is pay postage and handling for the 64bit version. Its not like he's missing out on much by getting only the 32bit version, anyway.

RAY16
01-25-07, 04:03 PM
From what I've read you'll be able to upgrade to the 64-Bit version of whatever version of Vista that you bought for free (minus shipping and handling). I think there's even a piece of paper or something inside the retail box that has the information on it.

*Edit*

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1329/vistaunbox71nw.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vistaunbox71nw.jpg)

j0j081
01-25-07, 04:15 PM
I got Vista Business for free through that big promo they had and it only came with 32 bit as well but it does give a link to order the 64 bit dvd with.

AthlonXP1800
01-25-07, 05:01 PM
What do you mean he lost 211 for nothing if all he has to do is pay postage and handling for the 64bit version. Its not like he's missing out on much by getting only the 32bit version, anyway.

He cant get 64bit, he followed the instruction how to obtain 64bit version with a link to Microsoft to fill down detaiks but the web address is invalid, here are no way he can claim 64bit version so that why he lost 211.

RAY16
01-25-07, 05:16 PM
He cant get 64bit, he followed the instruction how to obtain 64bit version with a link to Microsoft to fill down detaiks but the web address is invalid, here are no way he can claim 64bit version so that why he lost 211.

Well, Vista doesn't officially launch for another 4 days, the web address to get a 64-Bit copy may just not become active until then. Just like review sites weren't able to access the Wii's online functions because they didn't launch until the system did.

I say give it until the end of the month, then start setting random Microsoft employees on fire.

Mr_LoL
01-25-07, 10:13 PM
Lol. Microsoft want people to pay a small additional fee as well as posting and packing to get their 64bit discs.

evilchris
01-25-07, 10:22 PM
YEah, heaven forbid a company charges for services!

Xion X2
01-25-07, 10:30 PM
Does the free upgrade to 64-bit include OEM copies of Vista Home Premium as well?

Subtestube
01-26-07, 12:25 AM
Does the free upgrade to 64-bit include OEM copies of Vista Home Premium as well?

Couldn't confirm, but I don't believe so, seeing as OEMs are sold as being 32 bit or 64 bit.

j0j081
01-26-07, 02:04 AM
You could always download the final version over bittorrent or something then use your valid key with it. Just make sure it's the real thing.

Rakeesh
01-26-07, 02:58 AM
You could always download the final version over bittorrent or something then use your valid key with it. Just make sure it's the real thing.

Bingo.

Dazz
01-27-07, 01:07 PM
It's still stuipid i noticed that when i was about to order Vista Home Premium myself. But tried the link myself and it does not work.

Darkoz
01-29-07, 01:36 AM

He can't access the site yet because Microsoft have stated that it won't be available until the official retail launch on January 30th.

Blacklash
01-29-07, 02:06 AM
Anyone after Home Premium retail can preorder it @ buy.com for 226usd:

http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-windows-vista-home-premium-complete-product-client-1-user-s/q/loc/105/202916584.html?dcaid=17379

XxDeadlyxX
01-29-07, 02:16 AM
Damnit theres no way to pay for shipping unless you have a credit card :(

Also if you're upgrading to Vista x64... do you need to have XP x64 installed? Or does it upgrade with XP x32 as well?

Subtestube
01-29-07, 03:00 AM
Also if you're upgrading to Vista x64... do you need to have XP x64 installed? Or does it upgrade with XP x32 as well?

Yes - I'd like to know this too.. perhaps a Vista FAQ thread at the top of this forum with answers from experience would be useful?

Blacklash
01-29-07, 03:19 AM
I'd read this before you jump on Vista x64 right now.

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_06.asp

I am starting x32 then going x64 later.

AthlonXP1800
01-29-07, 03:33 AM
Damnit theres no way to pay for shipping unless you have a credit card :(

Huh you didnt really need a credit card, people at your age can get VISA debit card, just about everybody like me in the UK have VISA debit card who cant get VISA credit card. With VISA debit card, you can order things from abroad like I did sometime bought things imported from USA to avoided UK customs to pay taxes. :)

flukester
01-29-07, 02:32 PM
I'd read this before you jump on Vista x64 right now.

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_06.asp

I am starting x32 then going x64 later.

Going 32bit is only common sense as far as I'm concerned.