PDA

View Full Version : Crash when switching from SLI to Dual-Monitor mode

Chiles4
01-25-07, 06:34 PM
A friend recently got a Dell gaming rig with a 7950GX2 in it. Switching to SLI mode is no problem, but when he wants to switch back to dual-monitor mode, the Nvidia Control Panel is crashing. This happens regardless of how he accesses the Nvidia Control Panel.

Switching from Media Center to XP Pro did not affect the problem - it happened on both OSes. Also, trying different drivers has not helped the problem. And the install of XP Pro is just a few weeks old. Anyone have any idea what I can tell him to fix this problem?

Right now, he creates a System Restore point before going into SLI. So in order to get back into dual-monitor mode, he has to restore to that restore point! :thumbdwn:

john19055
01-25-07, 09:03 PM
I would'nt think you would have to switch a 7950GX2 in to SLI mode since it is seen as a single card .

Chiles4
01-26-07, 12:16 AM
I would'nt think you would have to switch a 7950GX2 in to SLI mode since it is seen as a single card .Yeah, unfortunately you do. You can either be in SLI mode or dual-monitor mode.

Eliminator
01-26-07, 01:43 PM
yup... its a bug in the latest drivers... ive had to reinstall them twice already because of this... it happens after a couple switches to multi-display

Chiles4
01-29-07, 11:14 PM
its a bug in the latest drivers Ouch, that sux! Thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear he's not the only one on the planet experiencing this.