PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia will release only BETA drivers on 30th, don't get your hopes up...

Pages : [1] 2 3

aydc
01-26-07, 03:59 AM
"NVIDIA's plan is to make a driver available for end users on NVIDIA.com on January 30, 2007. This driver is a beta driver and the first SLI driver, intended to support GeForce 8, 7, and 6 series GPUs, and will add support for GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS DirectX 9 SLI on the top applications. NVIDIA will continue to work on optimizing our Windows Vista drivers to ensure maximum performance on 3D applications."

After all this wait, it seems all we're gonna get is a work in progress beta driver. I bet control panel will be as barren as before.

SLippe
01-26-07, 04:04 AM
Where'd you quote that from? Just wondering.

Also, sometimes beta drivers are the best anyways. WHQL hasn't ever meant crap.

Princess_Frosty
01-26-07, 04:52 AM
This isn't supprising to me or quite a few other people, it's been said by quite a few people that Jan30th wont be a magic driver day to end all problems, it's still a brand new OS and support takes time, this has always been the case, Vista is no exception.

Lordedmond
01-26-07, 05:10 AM
well they will need to be signed or a lot of 64bit Vista users will be unhappy at having to press F8 at startup

Xion X2
01-26-07, 05:18 AM
^ Why?

SLippe
01-26-07, 05:30 AM
^ Why?
Vista doesn't like non-WHQL drivers.

Princess_Frosty
01-26-07, 05:31 AM
You can turn that off if you know what you're doing...

j0j081
01-26-07, 06:56 AM
What I want is a new XP driver.

Lordedmond
01-26-07, 07:02 AM
please tell us how then

Greasy
01-26-07, 07:08 AM

You sure about that? The bcdedit trick hasn't worked for quite some time now. If you know of a way to disable this on the newer builds then by all means please share, because you'll be a hero to many on these boards. :)

gizmoy2k
01-26-07, 07:09 AM

If you knew what you were doing then you would know that it worked in RC2 but they removed the method from RTM. Currently there is no known solution :cool:

aydc
01-26-07, 07:11 AM
Hit F8 after BIOS screen like you do for Safe Mode. There should be an option in the list like "Enable unsigned drivers" or something. That's what you're looking for. It's also possible to make this permanent by altering the boot files. Google it.

Princess_Frosty
01-26-07, 07:12 AM
If you knew what you were doing then you would know that it worked in RC2 but they removed the method from RTM. Currently there is no known solution :cool:

Look harder :cool:

Lordedmond
01-26-07, 07:32 AM
Look harder :cool:

thanks a lot for the help :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

here you go

tried under RTM

run in command prompt with UAC turned OFF

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

says command completed ok

JaxMacFL
01-26-07, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=Princess_Frosty] ......, it's still a brand new OS and support takes time,.....

That's like saying 'Duke Nukem Forever' is a brand new game ready for release. How many years....

aydc
01-26-07, 08:36 AM
SLI is the reason why we don't have a fully working driver now. They've wasted so much time to get SLI to work. As of now, we still don't even have a set with working video options.

Electronic Punk
01-26-07, 09:46 AM
......, it's still a brand new OS and support takes time,.....

That's like saying 'Duke Nukem Forever' is a brand new game ready for release. How many years....

I'm gonna go ahead and say, no its not.

skoprowski
01-26-07, 09:51 AM
Call me stupid but what do they mean by "directX9 top applications?"

aydc
01-26-07, 09:57 AM
Call me stupid but what do they mean by "directX9 top applications?"

Solitaire & Mine Sweeper

:captnkill:

garikfox
01-26-07, 10:06 AM
"Pong !" :D

aydc
01-26-07, 10:11 AM
"Pong !" :D

That's all that their drivers seem to be able to run correctly after three months of development.

fatal1ty
01-26-07, 11:30 AM
That's all that their drivers seem to be able to run correctly after three months of development.

haha Pong still crashes on me lol Maybe I'll trying pushing the GPU with some Solitare!!

rewt
01-26-07, 11:45 AM
SLI is the reason why we don't have a fully working driver now. They've wasted so much time to get SLI to work. As of now, we still don't even have a set with working video options.

What do you mean, "they've wasted so much time to get SLI to work". SLI actually works now??

I believe they're wasting much more time trying to support Vista's new DRM methods. It's too bad graphics drivers now have to be crippled in this way..

LORD-eX-Bu
01-26-07, 12:06 PM
please tell us how then

I asked the same question a little while back and was told to download a program called...

EasyBCD. It has the option to disable vista from requiring signed drivers in x64.

I've been using it and it works perfect, has some other tweaks as well:D

jAkUp
01-26-07, 12:14 PM
well they will need to be signed or a lot of 64bit Vista users will be unhappy at having to press F8 at startup

The current drivers already are. No need to worry.