PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo!

Marvel_us
01-26-07, 03:05 PM
So I've been wondering if my school would offer engineering/cs students Windows Vista discounted or free. I emailed the rep from msdn academic alliance and he informed me that he did not have a specific date however it would be up asap.

Just logged on to my account and Windows Vista Business is up! Even better it's free but you have to burn each of the 5 CDs. I don't know if Ultimate will be coming up but I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope it shows up within the next month.

Only thing that sucks is that I don't get a retail box but who cares, it's FREE!

einstein_314
01-26-07, 03:36 PM
Wait what? Can I get in on this?!? I'm an engineering student....

And what's up with the CD version? I didn't realize they were making one...

Marvel_us
01-26-07, 03:48 PM
Very nice. My school doesn't offer that
Btw, no DVD version?

Looks like they are still updating stuff since a couple items like Access 2007 don't have product pictures yet but no dvd version. I can live with the multi CDs. It's basically just the ISO that you download online and burn them to your own discs.

Wait what? Can I get in on this?!? I'm an engineering student....

And what's up with the CD version? I didn't realize they were making one...

Hmmm not sure. You would need to check with you CS department since that's how I got an account. I don't think it's really offered to all engineers. Computer engineering majors take software classes so essentially we fall in to the CS category. As long as I'm registered for a programming class my account is active.

Check with different departments at school though. I had to ask around on how to use my account. Apparently you can download the ISO two times per year and it's the full version not gimped or anything like that. I did the same with XP Pro which is running on my main PC fine.

So do you guys think I should go ahead and get the Business version or is Ultimate worth holding out for?

Bearclaw
01-27-07, 02:49 AM
Might as well do the business now while your waiting for ultimate!