PDA

View Full Version : Improvements of 100.40 over 100.30

aydc
01-27-07, 04:19 AM
OK. NVidia bashing curiously doesn't seem to speed up the driver development process, so let me try another approach: Positivity. Let's look at things that are getting better.

With 100.40 drivers:

- I can run Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for the first time on Vista. It does't feel slower than XP. This was the most problematic Source game on Vista until now. There are still occasional crashes, but it generally shows improvement.

- I can watch DivX movies perfectly with DivX Codec 6.5 and KMPlayer now. VMR9 is still broken, but EVR (Enhaced Video Renderer) is not. At the moment KMPlayer is the only third party player that supports EVR, so it's a must for DivX and XVid fans.

Which other improvements did you guys notice?
(No negative comments about nVidia, Vista, Microsoft or other users are allowed in this thread. Let's show that we can talk without trolling each other.)

Xion X2
01-27-07, 05:22 AM
Now... there ya go. ;)

Dark Messiah on Vista.. yahhoooooooooooooooooooo :D

Which version are you running? 32 or 64?

SLippe
01-27-07, 05:59 AM
You couldn't post this in the 100.40 thread that already exists? This may start out positive, but it won't last.

NaitoSan
01-27-07, 06:00 AM
Dark Messiah ran like crap on 100.30 for me but I think I'll wait on 100.54 or higher from Nvidia on Jan 30th. :) I'm too busy with homework until next week.