PDA

View Full Version : EVGA 8800 GTS problem?

Dragon-Emperor
01-27-07, 04:47 AM
Okay, heres the basics of the problem.

System:
Core duo 2 6300
Asus P5N-E SLI
(2x1gb) OCZ platinum 6400
Strider 600W PSU
Seagate 250GB SATA
EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB

While playing World of Warcraft (what I play) the game locks up (all motion/ control stops, frozen character/evvironment/ cant minimize or anything.

Then like 10 seconds later large blue screen comes down that basically says...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. Check drivers, bios updates, disable bios options such as caching and shadowing. if you need to use safe mode o remove or disable compenets, restart your comp, press F8 to select .. blah blah..

technical Information:

***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xBFB0F330, 0xAA782C3C, 0xAA782938)

***nv4_disp.dll - address BFB0F330 base at BF9D000, Datestamp 458ae707

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This error has been reproduced 3x after, each much quicker than teh first (1 minute into game play or so).

Ive uninstalled the Nvidia graphics driver and reinstalled, it still happened. Everythings a fresh install of Windows XP Pro, norton, office, adaware, drivers, games.

I just updated my BIOS, havent seen error 'yet' but I have to go sleep now for work so havent been able to test for more than a minute or two.

One thing that DOES worry me now though, aside from the blue screen problem is that NOW, since the bios upgrade, when I try going into the BIOS, it just appears as a blank screen? ugh...

Not sure if this is where to be posting. seems like a mobo problem or a 3d card problem. Any feedback appreciated!

I know this goes off track to BIOS stuff, but I still worry and wonder if this problem has an answer. google brought up a lot of similar things that didnt help when I looked =(

Redeemed
01-27-07, 05:09 AM
Hrmmm...

Might have been a bad BIOS flash? I'm betting that is the culprit, or alteast a part of the problem, since you mentioned that whenever you go into the BIOS you only get a blank screen.

Xion X2
01-27-07, 05:19 AM
Look for the CMOS jumper on your motherboard. Look in your manual, and it should tell you how to reset the CMOS. You may have to remove the battery for a time, but check your manual just to be sure. And be very, very careful while you're doing this.

Definitely sounds like a BIOS problem to me. I got that error once or twice on my 680i before I flashed it to the most recent BIOS. Haven't gotten it since in over a week of play.